Join for free
Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:26 AM

Re: barnier the begging clown

Hi

There is no finish date to the Withdrawal Agreement.

What there are are dates when most of it ends.

The most important of these is 31st December this year, when the Transition Period ends.

No more Fisheries Agreement, no more ECJ and no more current payments.

Residual payments on both sides continue for years, but these are minimal.

It is also the date we leave the Single Market and Customs Union

It is also the date Free Movement ends

Nothing has changed at the moment, it all changes on 1st January.

Boris has repeatedly said he will not move from this date.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is no finish date to the Withdrawal Agreement.

What there are are dates when most of it ends.

The most important of these is 31st December this year, when the Transition Period ends.

No more Fisheries Agreement, no more ECJ and no more current payments.

Residual payments on both sides continue for years, but these are minimal.

It is also the date we leave the Single Market and Customs Union

It is also the date Free Movement ends

Nothing has changed at the moment, it all changes on 1st January.

Boris has repeatedly said he will not move from this date.

The end of the withdrawal agreement is written into the Lisbon Treaty under Article 50, which's states clearly that the period of withdrawal shall last for 2 years after the signing of Article 50 unless both sides agree to extend the withdrawal period. Under UK law, the WA is repealed on the 31st December 2020 and also under UK law, the WA will not be extended beyond 31st December 2020.

Similarly, as the WA will not be extended by both parties, in accordance with the Lisbon Treaty and EU law, the WA will also be repealed under EU law as well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Contrary to your pompous, arrogant assumption that only you are knowledgeable on WW2 facts, I know that there were very brave Dutch people that fought in the Resistance, that your cities and towns were mostly razed to the ground, that your people were starving, the Dutch Jewish people went through unspeakable horror that one cannot even bear to think about,and that your Royal family were sneaked out by the British and brought to safety in London.

Even MORE reason for you not to besmirch one single person, regardless of their nationality, who did their duty during Operation Market Garden in their attempt to save YOUR country and the rest of Europe from the Nazi's.
If you think it is fine to score points by mocking Britain for the above, might I remind you that although Market Garden was a costly mistake, out of 10,600 troops that risked their lives for you, 7,600 lost their lives, were wounded or taken prisoner as they fought to gain a foothold into Germany.

Finally, may I also respectfully remind you that they liberated most of your country during this operation that you so casually mock. You as a Dutch person should know the allies were fighting a mighty and formidable German Army that had been entrenched in Arnhem for a long time.

You have no right to mock or besmirch such brave people, nor the brave decisions that had to be taken by the people concerned at the time. So I ask that you please, refrain from using such examples as a way of goading Brexit supporters on here. It really is beneath contempt.

This is all I have to say on this, If you feel my post warrants remarks, then do so, you will not warrant a response.
Well said, SG.

Needless to say, I for one would not do anything along those lines again, even if I were young enough, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Especially not for those people who have allied themselves against us with our traditional enemy.

In fact, at the risk of sounding peevish, I'd have a pint in celebration if both the Dutch and French economies collapsed as a direct result of our leaving their little club.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 10:37 AM

wasn't it a little boy in the Netherlands that suck his finger in a Dyke to stop the Netherlands sinking into the sea? well it has now sunk into the depths of the EU never to immerge again, or will it?

JBR I will also join you in a pint in celebration
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
wasn't it a little boy in the Netherlands that suck his finger in a Dyke to stop the Netherlands sinking into the sea? well it has now sunk into the depths of the EU never to immerge again, or will it?

JBR I will also join you in a pint in celebration
Let it be remembered that it was these countries, or at least their politicians, who decided to oppose our leaving. Obviously, they did this for good reason, though that doesn't excuse them.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The end of the withdrawal agreement is written into the Lisbon Treaty under Article 50, which's states clearly that the period of withdrawal shall last for 2 years after the signing of Article 50 unless both sides agree to extend the withdrawal period. Under UK law, the WA is repealed on the 31st December 2020 and also under UK law, the WA will not be extended beyond 31st December 2020.

Similarly, as the WA will not be extended by both parties, in accordance with the Lisbon Treaty and EU law, the WA will also be repealed under EU law as well.
You are short of mememory bread . The two year period in article 50 is the period to conclude an agreement on withdrawal. You know, after which the dreaded crashing out would take place. To avoid the dreaded no deal exit there were two extensions from the original date of 29 march. Now you remember?

Boris was able to satisfy the EU demands for equivalent measures for the backstop (in brexiter words: he caved in). This was rewarded by the EU with an orderly exit, i.e. the transition period.
In this period you can negotiate a trade deal with the EU, but you can do that at any time in the future.

Although the two year period to reach a WA agreement could be extended, this did not automatically change the date of ending the extension period. Thus decreasing the time available to negotiate a trade deal. But, the clever EU provided a solution for this as well, the transition period can be extended once (for either one or two years).

To make use of that provision is up to the UK. You just have to ask.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Well said, SG.

Needless to say, I for one would not do anything along those lines again, even if I were young enough, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Especially not for those people who have allied themselves against us with our traditional enemy.

In fact, at the risk of sounding peevish, I'd have a pint in celebration if both the Dutch and French economies collapsed as a direct result of our leaving their little club.
Oh I don't doubt the present english are not half the men their fathers were jbr. I have to agree on that.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2020, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
You are short of mememory bread . The two year period in article 50 is the period to conclude an agreement on withdrawal. You know, after which the dreaded crashing out would take place. To avoid the dreaded no deal exit there were two extensions from the original date of 29 march. Now you remember?

Boris was able to satisfy the EU demands for equivalent measures for the backstop (in brexiter words: he caved in). This was rewarded by the EU with an orderly exit, i.e. the transition period.
In this period you can negotiate a trade deal with the EU, but you can do that at any time in the future.

Although the two year period to reach a WA agreement could be extended, this did not automatically change the date of ending the extension period. Thus decreasing the time available to negotiate a trade deal. But, the clever EU provided a solution for this as well, the transition period can be extended once (for either one or two years).

To make use of that provision is up to the UK. You just have to ask.

Its called the "Withdrawal Agreement" there is a clue in the name.

What was it we extended?

Oh yes, the withdrawal period.

Stop making things up.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

12-06-2020, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Its called the "Withdrawal Agreement" there is a clue in the name.

What was it we extended?

Oh yes, the withdrawal period.

Stop making things up.
Read, shiver and learn:

The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...EX%3A12012M050
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

12-06-2020, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Read, shiver and learn:

The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned, unanimously decides to extend this period.
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...EX%3A12012M050
Your arguing with yourself again

Page 20 of 21 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top