Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:58 AM

Re: Watches.

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Thanks for the info, Ffosse. Wonder if they do a ladies version.
They have quite a range of ladies watches on Amazon; unfortunately I can't see one which looks similar.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:15 PM

One of my favourite watches is my Accurist 17-jewel skeleton (att) .....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Accurist Skeleton Watch Brown Back.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	4300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Accurist Skeleton Watch Brown Front.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	4301  
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:18 PM

I still have one of these brilliant SOLSUNO LED watches though I don't wear it any more.

I yearned for someone to make a "different" watch that wasn't analogue (they all essentially look the same) and wasn't basic digital (market is flooded with them).

So when these guys invented the SOLSUNO watch I snapped it up.

It basically uses LEDs to indicate the time. The outer ring is the Hours, the middle ring Minutes and inner ring seconds.

So the time in the image below is 2:22 and 50 secs am.
If I remember right the extra led below the 12 O'clock indicates if we are am or pm

Despite the simple appearance the watch could show day of the week, day, month, year as well as time and also had 3 different alarms, an hourly chime, am/pm indicator, alarm activated display and auto power off.

A neat bit of kit.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I still have one of these brilliant SOLSUNO LED watches though I don't wear it any more.

I yearned for someone to make a "different" watch that wasn't analogue (they all essentially look the same) and wasn't basic digital (market is flooded with them).

It basically uses LEDs to indicate the time. The outer ring is the Hours, the middle ring Minutes and inner ring seconds.

If I remember right the extra led below the 12 O'clock indicates if we are am or pm

Despite the simple appearance the watch could show day of the week, day, month, year as well as time and also had 3 different alarms, an hourly chime, am/pm indicator, alarm activated display and auto power off.

A neat bit of kit.
That is pretty cool.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
They have quite a range of ladies watches on Amazon; unfortunately I can't see one which looks similar.
Thanks for trying.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 04:19 PM

I have a few, a Gucci that was a birthday present and a radley which was a leaving gift and a seiko I've had since I can remember. All sat unworn in a jewellery box. I use my phone
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
One of my favourite watches is my Accurist 17-jewel skeleton (att) .....
John Cleese used to advertise Accurist watches on TV. "It's accurate, and it goes on your wrist."

Originally Posted by Realist ->

A neat bit of kit.
I really like that. It appeals to my sense of the unusual.

I have one of these. Solar powered bought in the USA in 2003 and still gong strong.
I used to be a shift worker so knowing what day it was, as well as the time, has always been important to me in a watch.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2017, 11:43 PM

I have flirted with one or two Seiko's.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have flirted with one or two Seiko's.
You brazen hussy you!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:28 AM

I have a watch that doesn't work, its brilliant, even shows the right time twice a day.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top