Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 04:23 AM

Anyone from East Yorkshire?

Hi.
I'm relatively new here but as the title implies I'm wondering if there are any members from Hull or East Yorkshire?

Be nice to chat about our local events, culture, etc?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 07:56 AM

Re: Anyone from East Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Hi.
I'm relatively new here but as the title implies I'm wondering if there are any members from Hull or East Yorkshire?

Be nice to chat about our local events, culture, etc?
Culture ???....don't expect any long conversations !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:00 AM

Well im further North Floydy, but often visited your East coast Scarborough, Bemton RSPB, Flambourough head, and Spurn point for my birding trips
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 08:28 AM

I have a bottle of beer commemorating the opening of the bridge, does that count?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Culture ???....don't expect any long conversations !
Please elaborate, Malcolm
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 01:30 PM

I live on the East Yorkshire coast Floydy, although born in Leeds, have lived here over 40 years and love it. There's lots of Yorkshire folk on the forum but don't know of any others from the East Riding.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Please elaborate, Malcolm
It's called humour Floydy ... You do have that where you live don't you ?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 04:51 PM

I have fished at Pocklington-does that count?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2016, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I live on the East Yorkshire coast Floydy, although born in Leeds, have lived here over 40 years and love it. There's lots of Yorkshire folk on the forum but don't know of any others from the East Riding.
Thanks Val, appreciated. There are some nice places up the coast. Hornsea, Bridlington etc.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

11-08-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
It's called humour Floydy ... You do have that where you live don't you ?
Yorkshire folk are very good with humour thanks, Malcolm.

You see my point though, don't you? Too many people hear the word "Hull" and immediately slag the place off, often by those who are rather ignorant having never visited the place. Instead they go by hearsay and listen to complete jerks such as Phil Spencer. Hull has seen a Hell of a transformation over the past 10 years or so and I encourage you and any other 'sheeple' to visit the place in our City Of Culture next year.

There are good and bad areas in every town and city, Malcolm, and I'm sure wherever you hail from has plenty of those as well?

Understand where I'm coming from bud?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top