Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 02:15 PM

Re: What sort of art do you have in your home?

I have just the two paintings by my Son, one of the race horse Arkle, the other is a black and white painting of the lane and tenement buildings where I was born, it’s perfect as the way I remember it when we left there in 1949, it would be impossible to imagine it in colour because there simply was no colour there, just very drab depressing black, white and grey, it was copied from an old photo as the lane is long since gone.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 02:21 PM

Isn't this a nice thread?

Nobody has been nasty or shouted anybody else down.

In my last house, I painted a 10' x 6' mural wall in my son's bedroom. It was all of the Flintstones, complete with Dino. Bright and colourful, my son used to invite his friends in to see it.

I try not to think what the new people have done to it - probably scraped it off and stuck dreary wallpaper over the top.

Sigh!!!

(I wish I knew how I could import a piccy from my PC!)
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 03:13 PM

http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/vi.../central-hall/

Having just talked to a friend about this thread, I have found a virtual tour of the National Gallery.

Are any of your favourite paintings here?
Would you care to submit a critique?

Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 03:20 PM

i have some canvas art work = and framed also ...mainly flowers ...i have african pottery scattered in bedrooms from when i lived there ... and carvings not keen so keep them hidden ...i have a unsual pic framed by a french artist who i dont know of two cats walking with dim lamp lites in the st.and odd shape houses in the background ...
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 05:16 PM

I have about 40 paintings, many of which are by local artists . They are mainly city or rural scenes and seascapes.
I also have an amusing cartoon which is signed by "Will Spencer". There was a Will Spencer who drew a series of cartoons called "Animal crackers" and this is in the exact same style as his. I haven't been able to authenticate it. It would be nice if it was genuine as it only cost me 10p. in a charity shop!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 05:32 PM

Funny this should come up?!

Ever since 2012 when we decided to try to "do-up" our home, all the stuff we had on the walls came down.

This was mainly contemporary stuff plus a few personal favourites, like M.C. Escher prints that we loved and Dragon prints that matched-up with my wife's collection of Dragon art.

Now, as we are moving, we are stuck because our new home isn't conducive to what we had planned to do, picture-wise so we think we will have to move in first, then decide.

M.C.Escher's stuff is fascinating but it's not to everyone's taste - bit like Salvador Dali in some ways, or even Piccasso!

We've decided to dump all of our stuff bar a few real favourites and decide what we want later.

Seems like the best thing to do, although our painting o a French bathroom just has to go in our new bathroom! stevmk2
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I have pictures and wall hangings all over my house nothing by anyone noteworthy but thats not what art is about ,I have it because I enjoy it wether it be a cheap charity shop pickup or other..I think if you enjoy something then thats all that matters.
That is me to a T , Aysa, you must have read my mind.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 05:51 PM

I have four Poppy Prints by Marthe and a large oil painting on canvas of Poppies artist unknown? not to forget my Greenman and Greenwoman my earth people Plaques...

In the hallway i have Poppy Print artist unknown, and a rustic relief picture of poppies with a dry stone wall and cottage.. not to forget my ( Kirk Maugold Pewter Celtic Cross on a wooden plaque ) which is special to me as i visit this church every year, it is handmade by Maureen Costain Richards of Isle of Man...

I could go on and on as i love hanging things on my walls be it Pictures, flowers, signs, plaques and picture mirrors..

I guess you've all realised i like Poppies there my favourite flowers
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2015, 06:09 PM

Our House has a least four big Oil Paintings in each room, painted by my Father-in-Law, who has now died at the age of 93, but he was still painting at 91 years of age, they are mostly Constable.
Asp3
San Jose, CA
Asp3 is male  Asp3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Funny this should come up?!

Ever since 2012 when we decided to try to "do-up" our home, all the stuff we had on the walls came down.

This was mainly contemporary stuff plus a few personal favourites, like M.C. Escher prints that we loved and Dragon prints that matched-up with my wife's collection of Dragon art.

[removed]

M.C.Escher's stuff is fascinating but it's not to everyone's taste - bit like Salvador Dali in some ways, or even Piccasso!

[removed]

stevmk2
I definitely enjoy M C Escher's work and used to have a bunch of his prints up in college and then as a bachelor after my first marriage. Definitely enjoyable, mind bending images.

I also used to have a bunch of Ansel Adams prints with my first wife and as a bachelor.

My wife and I have been slowly collecting the art we have over the course of our 23+ years together. We've got the place pretty much filled as far as art is concerned and in fact have a few peices (a couple of prints and a big metal sculpture) that we don't have places for anymore. They're saved safely so we can bring them out if they ever fit again.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top