Join for free
Page 855 of 1676 « First < 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 905 955 1355 > Last »
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

My DYAH colonial...one owns-and frequently plays-11 guitars,two electric organs [PERLEEEZE,no 'organ' jokes,y'saddo] four versions of the harmonica,plus one set of drums.

NOW y'see why one lives on a small island! They neighbour folk across the water STILL complain though,when I wind the stacks right up,plug in the reverb pedal,and givvit large wivva few Status Quo riffs....ohhhh,they moan like fu...heck. UNTIL....they suddenly get all slippery and slimy and grinny and obsequious,when they want me to give a rock recital at one of their 'events'. Oh-I get called all sorts of uncomplimentary things,too,due to my degrees....UNTIL their student offspring suddenly need assistance. Now-piss off and get another tinny-that one must be empty by now!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:17 PM

We need a band at the bar. X
Kiss and make up you two.
I need you both.x
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:23 PM

that's wot I really like about ya pugsie bear - ya so so modest - in fact it almost turns into a crawl sometimes - "i'm ever so 'umble Mr Copperfield ; every so 'umble"

I really don't care how many feckin guitars ya got - you've never had or never will have as many as EC or even JJ right? only one set of drums - bit sparse heh ? - 4 harmonica - must be difficult fittin them in ya gob at any one time? and an organ - yes I can just picture you playin with ya organ - but whatever way it don't get any bigger does it?? - joke ?? no no joke serious comment!

I've got this mental effin pic of you trying to play all of those instruments all at once - so so funny - SP can you get us a funny pic of pugsie playin his multiple organs??

I thenkya I thenkya !!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:27 PM

I have seen one man bands.
BTW it is Doolally.
A hospital in India during WW2, treating PTSD.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 02:46 PM

Umm...no doubt I'll be sneered at by the colonial roo-bonker who can't play even ONE instrument....in fact,he's the only person EVER,to play the electric triangle whilst standing in a puddle!...but iff'n y'don't mind my saying,Miss Sweetie....it's actually 'Deolali',not 'doolally'

...and,at the risk of snotbox going off pop again-I know this because my stepfather was a Gurkha. I'll tell you about him via PM if you're interested,Sweets.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

25-07-2018, 02:56 PM

I am Pugsy.
Email would be better.
Fascinating stuff.
I stand corrected. X
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

25-07-2018, 02:58 PM

Awww-and you wonder why my flint heat warms,whenever I see your name... #HUGE sigh# [eat shit,gumbug]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 09:33 PM

If we all met, would we have to huddle under a decaled brolly, in some Pub garden?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 10:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD-GGUIsXSs
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2018, 10:15 PM

Today whilst some scribblers were casting endearments at one another across thousands of miles, I was trying to post a utube video in a futile effort to bring peace and harmony to all men and women, praise the Lord!

“Everything is beautiful
In its' own way
Like a starry summer night
Or a snow covered winter's day

Everybody's beautiful
In their own way
Under God's heaven
The world's gonna find a way”

Is everything beautiful in it’s own way?
Some will remember Ray Stevens singing that song way back in 1970’s. Actually I was singing it as I tried again to post that same utube video here, Phyllis was smiling over to me as she arranged some flowers in a vase, her long auburn hair cascading down her shoulders as she placed each bloom where she deemed fit, when she’d finished she had one rose left over, “Where do you suggest I stick this”? she asked. I took it from her tiny hand and gently placed it in her hair, kissed her on the cheek and said “Beauty belong to beauty, my dear. All together now… How sweet, ahhhh. Might try me hand at romantic novels, whatcha say Gummy, watch out for Jem Cartwell.
I was still trying the square brackets, dots, slashes and what have have you and It wasn’t long before I changed my mind and altered the words to “Everything is useless in it’s own way”. Feeling frustrated and annoyed I went outside to the garden, kicking the little concrete gnome in the head on the way to the workshop.
Strangely enough, everytime we buy something new it’s always beautiful, say a car, a TV, a new smart phone etc., then one gets fed up with it or it starts to give trouble and it becomes a useless piece of junk and the but end of very abusive language.
Except of course a work of art, a painting, sculpture, good jewellery, or a well worked precious stone, yes the De Beers brothers got it right when they said a diamond is forever, beautiful forever too.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if you came back as a flawless diamond, sought after and worshiped by all, and safe in the knowledge that you are the toughest thing on Earth.

I must go now, the wife has just asked me out for a few pints, her treat, see it pays to be nice.

Page 855 of 1676 « First < 355 755 805 845 853 854 855 856 857 865 905 955 1355 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top