Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:11 PM

Dunelm - disappointed and concerned

We drove quite a distance to go to Dunelm this afternoon for some blinds I had seen on their web page. So got home and deboxed.

I cannot believe what was inside and it's lucky I wanted to see how they looked when hung before we put the permanent fittings in the wall.

The blind when extended had the last four slats completely missing from the supporting strings. The very bottom one that is meant to hold the whole thing together was there, but there were four empty strings.

I am really disappointed because this is a British company. It's now another trek to return this and get a replacement. Is this what the future holds post-brexit?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:24 PM

Re: Dunelm - disappointed and concerned

That really is bad and I'm really surprised...we have several stores relatively near to me and I've usually been very impressed with their curtains and blinds. We had some really long curtains made to measure and the rep came to the house twice to make sure all was good.

May I suggest you call the manager of the branch you went to and explain how disappointed and angry you are and offer to send photos of the damage. There's​ no way you should have to return to the store yourselves.
They should send a replacement out to you by courier straight away.

I would expect and settle for nothing less.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:25 PM

How annoying Annie. Now another trek back again.

Next time you'd best get them to open the box and check everything before you leave the shop.

We have a local Dunelm, and I must say I like shop and have never had any problems with them.
Perhaps you were just unlucky.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:29 PM

It's damn annoying when you have return stuff and I don't think Brexit has got anything to do with it. The amount of stuff I've traipsed back with over the years is enough to make me cry.

On the otherhand I must admit .. stuff Made in China won out over stuff made in the UK for me this week.
The cheap vaping pen thingy I bought , Made in China, was about to be returned to the bargain shop sharpish because it didn't work.
Until me, Made in the UK ... after some disgruntled googling found out I hadn't switched it on.
Good news is I'm now blowing perfect vapour rings.

Best of luck with sorting out your refund or replacement Annie.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:45 PM

Ooh, I can see you now Mort.

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh, I can see you now Mort.

Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:05 PM

The little USB battery charger that came with it turns me into a right little ripper
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

06-05-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
The little USB battery charger that came with it turns me into a right little ripper
The mind does truly boggle
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

06-05-2017, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The mind does truly boggle

Boggle not ruthio, best not go there.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

06-05-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Boggle not ruthio, best not go there.
You're right there, better make a cuppa and go to bed wiv me book, safer than hanging around here
Look wot happened last time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top