Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 10:01 AM

crash course diet

I am being constantly told by the family I must loose weight, So i have put myself on a crash course diet.

yesterday managed to only consume 3 cups of coffee and a very small meal , doing so I have let myself badly down.
So today i will have to improve a lot on that by possibly just a sandwich and 2 cups of coffee.

Might go down to the local pharmacy for something to help with dieting .
When I was ill in hospital I lost over a stone a week in weight at least that amount so no reason why i can't do the same at home
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 10:08 AM

Re: crash course diet

weally well try not to 'speed' it up too much ? oh and talk to annieS she's on controlled carbs?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 02:15 PM

Unbelievable how many people think that dieting by a sudden cessation of eating is an effective and healthy thing to do !

It has the opposite effect of what you are looking for. It puts your body into starvation mode so anything you do eat will be stored away as fat.

You need to do the opposite. Eat lots of food, esp protein which will switch up your metabolic rate. You'll have a ton of energy from the food which you then need to burn off via some form of exercise. Simple walking will do the trick.

There is no quick solution to losing weight. There just isn't so don't even think in those terms. People who crash diet are harming themselves and invariably end up putting the weight back on and more besides.

It takes years to put on lots of weight, it will take a similarly long time to get rid of it again. That's PERMANENT weight loss I am talking about.

Eat more, eat good food, boost your metabolism and then burn off the energy with some form of exercise. Under no circumstances starve or deprive the body of the energy it needs.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 02:29 PM

he's right ya know and you do know it!!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I am being constantly told by the family I must loose weight, So i have put myself on a crash course diet.

yesterday managed to only consume 3 cups of coffee and a very small meal , doing so I have let myself badly down.
So today i will have to improve a lot on that by possibly just a sandwich and 2 cups of coffee.

Might go down to the local pharmacy for something to help with dieting .
When I was ill in hospital I lost over a stone a week in weight at least that amount so no reason why i can't do the same at home
Please don't embark on this you will become very ill.

Your body needs calories and nutrients which comes from healthy food

It has taken me a long time to realise that the only way to lose weight and keep it off permanently is to eat a good healthy nutritious diet and incorporate some exercise. Walking and swimming are excellent forms of exercise.

I have lost a very large amount of weight over the last 18 months as I have changed my whole lifestyle so far as food and exercise is concerned. The eating plan I now follow is good, healthy, wholesome food and plenty of water.

I thoroughly enjoy the food I choose to put in my body these days and I cook food that we are meant to eat as opposed to junk and processed food.

Make an appointment to see a dietician if need be but please don't do a diet that will compromise your health such as restricting calories and nutrition.

If i can help at all with a food plan please don't hesitate to ask.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Unbelievable how many people think that dieting by a sudden cessation of eating is an effective and healthy thing to do !

It has the opposite effect of what you are looking for. It puts your body into starvation mode so anything you do eat will be stored away as fat.

You need to do the opposite. Eat lots of food, esp protein which will switch up your metabolic rate. You'll have a ton of energy from the food which you then need to burn off via some form of exercise. Simple walking will do the trick.

There is no quick solution to losing weight. There just isn't so don't even think in those terms. People who crash diet are harming themselves and invariably end up putting the weight back on and more besides.

It takes years to put on lots of weight, it will take a similarly long time to get rid of it again. That's PERMANENT weight loss I am talking about.

Eat more, eat good food, boost your metabolism and then burn off the energy with some form of exercise. Under no circumstances starve or deprive the body of the energy it needs.
It is not often I agree with you Realist, but I have to say that this post is very wise!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:46 PM

I'm sure you are just jerking your knee realspeed, bloody annoying when people keep telling you what to do even if they are family. I'm sure you will end up doing the right thing.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:47 PM

I use this..and it works. The 5.2 Diet AKA Intermittent Fasting. Look it up on You Tube.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I use this..and it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PF9TUH7ZpU

bet she could keep my weight down using my own methods.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2018, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
bet she could keep my weight down using my own methods.
LOL, there are a lot of You Tube Vids about it, have a nosy through..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top