Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Re: Badger hunting/baiting etc

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I hate all hunting unless necessary for food, which it isn't in developed countries really.
Don't the Maltese kill songbirds?
That has always stopped us visiting Malta. Terrible.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:20 PM

I hate all hunting unless necessary for food, which it isn't in developed countries really.
Don't the Maltese kill songbirds?

Sadly, this is true Tess.

See here an article from Chris Packham about this:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...is-a-bird-hell
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Horrible, when we were there we were visiting an old barracks or hospital place and saw a man throwing stones at a dead seagull tied to a post, practising I expect.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 01:48 PM

Horrible, when we were there we were visiting an old barracks or hospital place and saw a man throwing stones at a dead seagull tied to a post, practising I expect.

I don't suppose the bird was dead when he first tied it up, he probably stoned it to death.
Evil b*****d.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 03:35 PM

Unfortunately hunting animals still seems popular with mankind all round the world.We believe our lovely dog was used for Hare Coursing in Southern Ireland, before Dogs Trust rescued him, brought him to UK where we were able to adopt him.This is another crel sport to both animals.Bob has some deep, nasty scars & a bit out of his ear
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
good site Mups - thanks

all of our kills in OZ are clean shots - we don't do rabbit baiting for instance - and I thought badger baiting was considered more of a sport - with big money waged - on how many badgers could be mauled to death by dogs who also receive fatal injuries - bit different from a straight kill in the desert or the bush??

and of course we could continue talking about fox hunting and the ripping up of the fox by the hounds once caught and the daubing of fox blood on the young male/female teenagers learning the skills of the hunt. Oh yes very clean and civilized!

Really?
Yet more utter fantasy .
https://www.animalsaustralia.org/iss...o_shooting.php
https://www.animalsaustralia.org/iss...k_shooting.php
I cant think where you live in Australia ( if you really do )
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:39 AM

well I have wallabies hopping past my bedroom window every morn -no ducks though - well only when I'm supervising the local kids under 10 cricket team and some of them get out for a 'duck'!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top