Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Chefs - Washing hands

I don't know about you, but every cooking programme I watch, none of the Chefs wash their hands or tie their hair back.

I watched this morning, British Menu, three people in a contest to be a Chef and one bloke had a big long beard and scruffy hair, but not one of them tied their hairs back or washed their hands in between courses.

You don't know where their hands have been, quite disgusting, I wash my hands and put an apron on when cooking.
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 03:10 PM

Re: Chefs - Washing hands

Yes I've also noticed that. i'm surprised as it's for everyone to see. I am meticulous about washing my hands and the thought of someone cooking for me who didn't bother just makes my stomach churn.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 03:14 PM

Anyone cooking on those programmes should really be wearing a hat and one of those beard covers if required. I also hate it when they taste the food then put the spoon back in to stir.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 04:00 PM

Also putting their hands in the food, yuk! they might have Warts etc.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Also putting their hands in the food, yuk! they might have Warts etc.

Almost as bad as watching grapes being trodden with smelly old feet.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-08-2018, 05:10 PM

I don't know about you, but every cooking programme I watch, none of the Chefs wash their hands or tie their hair back.

I watched this morning, British Menu, three people in a contest to be a Chef and one bloke had a big long beard and scruffy hair, but not one of them tied their hairs back or washed their hands in between courses.

You don't know where their hands have been, quite disgusting, I wash my hands and put an apron on when cooking.
Yuk - how off putting. You would think they would set an example!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Yuk - how off putting. You would think they would set an example!
No, the standards of modern television programmes are so low, they cater only for the uneducated masses, and nothing regarding hygiene or standards is allowed, the front of camera workers are just trash, how anyone can refer to them as celebritites amazes me.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

27-08-2018, 08:31 PM

If you really pay attention to TV cooking programmes nothing is as it seems. Watch Scary Berry for instance, her baking attempts constantly change size and shape. These programmes are obviously cut and edited when things go wrong.

The other day Janie Oliver was cooking a chicken dish but by the time it came out of the oven, it was four pork chops.

I made that up....
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 09:20 PM

I gave up watching cookery programmes quite a while ago.

I do remember one programme where one chef (whoever it was) was preparing raw chicken for whatever recipe.

I was appalled when straight after preparing that, he got a cloth and took the cooked one out of the oven.

Never even washed his hands after handling raw chicken

For the life of me, I can't remember who it was
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2018, 10:33 PM

I agree Susie. I also don't like it when you see them cooking in their day clothes without an apron or covering of some sort.

Also I see them kneeding dough or pastry wearing rings and jewellery, which I don't think they should do either.

Years ago I worked in a large school kitchen and we had to take jewellery off, for safety as well as hygiene.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top