Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 02:26 PM

Blind dog saved by RNLI in 'dramatic' Lepe beach rescue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-45289228

The small border collie, called Fly, had gone into the water at Lepe beach in the New Forest on Tuesday afternoon.

Fly's owner Mark Cowing jumped in to try and save his pet but could not contend with strong currents and had to be helped to shore by a kayaker.

Mr Cowing, 55, who is from Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, said: "We were literally playing on the shoreline when all of a sudden he took it in his head to swim to the Isle of Wight.

"When he got 20 or 30 feet out I had to strip off, down to my underpants, and go and rescue him.

"He disappeared out of sight so I presumed he drowned. I tried to wave for help but I thought I was a goner.

Luckily a gentleman of 71 came out in his kayak and dragged me to shore."

A coastguard helicopter found the struggling dog 200m (656ft) offshore and directed an RNLI crew to its aid.

After the ordeal the dog scoffed down four pouches of food and a pork pie and went to sleep .
Often, that's the sort of thing that ends in tragedy but, happily, not this time .....

Aren't the RNLI crews brilliant .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 04:23 PM

Re: Blind dog saved by RNLI in 'dramatic' Lepe beach rescue

What a great ending to the story. Yes they are brilliant.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 07:05 PM

Thank goodness this story had a happy ending
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Thank goodness both owner and dog were rescued, it could easily have ended as a tragedy.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:34 PM

Happy ending
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:12 AM

What a wonderful story. I’m so glad I read it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top