Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:02 PM

What breed is your dog

Just commented on another thread about designer dogs got me to thinking about my lovely little Bichon Frise, he's almost 11 years old and an absolute delight.

He has such a great character and little traits which Bichons are known for like the 'Bichon Blitz' where he will run up and down the stairs and round the house like a bullet, he's crazy but always makes me laugh.

He does something that we call 'broken necking' which is he will sleep in his bed with his neck almost the wrong way round, I don't know how he does it but I remember first time he did it I was horrified LOL

He also does what we call 'walling' where he likes to get as near to the wall as possible and lay on his back with his legs spread eagle showing his rudies, well he would if he had some

Another thing he does which is really odd, I will open the back door for him to come in and he just stands at the door looking at me and doesn't come in, I will then go to close the conservatory door and he will come in, no idea why he does that but I always play him at his own game

I've added a couple of pictures

Tell me about your dog and any traits and how they make you laugh. I love to read about peoples animals. Lets see soe pictures

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kodilegs.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	7098   Click image for larger version

Name:	kodisettee3.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	7099   Click image for larger version

Name:	kodiwall3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	7100   Click image for larger version

Name:	kodibeg.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	7101  
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: What breed is your dog

We have two chihuahuas. Male and female. Born three days apart from different litters. They came from two different breeders who were both very particular about who their pups went to. They wouldn’t for instance let one of their pups go to someone who brought a handbag along to see if it would fit! They were both more than happy to let my daughter have one each of their pups. They can be very ‘hard work’ sometimes and in the chihuahua world. All the mad racing about is referred to as ‘the zoomies’. Our two are extremely proficient at it! Pictures will follow but it’s a tad difficult on an iPad without a lot of mucking about.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:22 PM

Mine is a pommie/yorkie cross. But he's pommie in looks but terrier in personality. The snout is more terrier, very expressive features. He loves Bichon Frises or any small white dogs so would be all over yours and he's not fussy if it's a male or female!

The funniest thing that happened is that he lost his virginity last year, despite being neutered! It was to a small white fluffy bitch on heat. I didn't realise what was happening. We were with my friend's 13 year old daughter who was being very grown up about it and shielding a younger boy's eyes. He is no longer so "curious" now that he has had that experience. It's like it was on his bucket list or something.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:23 PM

Love that last pic by the way. Looks like a real member of the family.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:26 PM

We currently have a pure bred Yorkshire Terrier and a mix breed schnauzer cross but we have had two German shepherds also.

My dogs mean the world to me. They help keep me calm and in the present moment. They are funny as ever and always have me laughing.

They get walked at least once a day and a minimum of 2 kilometres. We are VERY much into walking and even though our 12 year old Yorkie only has 4 inch legs , she can really move.

Our girls usually go everywhere with us and we would never dream of boarding them for anything. If we go on vacation , they go on vacation since they are a huge part of our family.

They love car rides, dog treats, ear & bum scratches and playing. Quite frankly they LOVE life but don’t all dogs? They teach us to live in the present moment which is very important.

Your Bichon Frise is sure a cutie Lion Queen. My mother in law had one and she was so sweet. I use to make fleece winter coats for her that I’d send in the mail which were her favourite.

Dogs make the world go round.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2ABC968C-9CCA-44F5-B5C5-14C886B68622.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	7104   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AC6AB68-0500-4FDF-9720-E370723FC2DF.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	7105   Click image for larger version

Name:	0D327F1F-4245-4153-B7A0-BA15C02ACA64.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	7106   Click image for larger version

Name:	FB51C08E-1223-4281-8E4A-76F4B638281A.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	7107   Click image for larger version

Name:	3E007E91-17E6-46CE-9D8F-F2A614A9AB6E.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	7110  

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:29 PM

I don't have a dog now, but love yours Queenie - what a cutie
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-09-2018, 10:40 PM

Love the pic of your schnauzer Bratti. So much personality is conveyed in that shot!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:48 PM

My late dog Floyd (Shih - tzu x Yorkie) who loved to run off with my slippers when I got home.

Dolly (Shih tzu - Chi) who thinks she's human, likes to sit on my lap and lean back, like a Meerkat until she falls backwards, also unravels my wool if I leave my knitting around.

My grand dog Rose (BIchon x Chi) who is tiny, barks a lot and takes on any dog that dares to breathe the same air as her.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

03-09-2018, 10:49 PM

Aww TessA that is so totally cute I have gone all gooey!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Aww TessA that is so totally cute I have gone all gooey!
I'm always gooey!

Love most dogs, I tried living without one but couldn't.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top