Join for free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:05 PM

Gina Miller Claims She Will TAKE BACK CONTROL Of Brexit!

MY TIRADE FOR TODAY.

Groan, it appears that sadly, according to the Express online and contrary to belief, we haven’t seen the last of this paragon of “up my own backside” ” shrew!. Now the silly mare is making me feel nauseous with her preposterous latest utterings. (God, I wish someone would tell her to shut up and keep her nose out). This stupid, obnoxious woman obviously enjoyed her 15 minutes of fame when she won her high court case against the government over the involvement of Parliament in Brexit,(backed of course by the equally nauseating Richard Branson, he of Necker Island in the British Virgin Island, otherwise known as the rich taxpayers avoidance paradise).

Judge for yourselves..

PARTIAL QUOTE

Anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller has claimed she is providing a “public service” and called for the British people to “take back control” of irresponsible politics with her national campaign to “end the chaos” of Brexit.

The anti-Brexit campaigner who won a High Court case against the Government over the involvement of Parliament in Brexit said it was “morally right” for people to have another say on the EU.

She said: “There is no place for another political party in politics, When I say a movement, I think there is a right for people to get together and to use their voice and to take back control, If you like, of the irresponsibility that’s happening in our politics at the moment.

Mrs Miller also claimed that she is launching a “public service” with her new campaign and said that it was “morally right” that people should have a say with either another Brexit vote or a general election.

Speaking on Sky News, she said “I have spent the summer going around the country talking to ordinary people. What I have got and they’re telling me is a real sense of sadness and anxiety. What they are looking for is clarity, some sort of honesty and straight talking about what the future holds for them, what are the options on the table. What does Brexit mean? What is the EU?”
“What I am launching today is a public service that will fill the gap of people looking for the knowledge so they can make an informed choice when the time comes to do so”.
She added: “It is not for me to decide. There could be another election, there could be another vote”.
“What I am saying is that I think it is morally right and the mechanisms should be there for people to have a say to let people decide on their future. But it is not for me to say how that is going to happen. That will be within the gift of MPs because we are a representative democracy”.

The businesswoman launched a national campaign to “end the chaos” of Brexit by publishing “unspun facts” so people can decide for themselves what they want to happen next.

PARTIAL UNQUOTE

The rest of her blarb is as boring as this woman! But you get the gist of it.
What I would like to know is where did she ask “ordinary people their views on Brexit"?
Notting Hill? Mayfair? Chelsea? Knightsbridge? St. John’s Wood? Hampstead? I’ll bet it wasn’t north of Watford to get the right answers to justify her ridiculous, 2-years too late claim for fame. Stupid woman!.

TIRADE OVER.

What say you?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Re: Gina Miller Claims She Will TAKE BACK CONTROL Of Brexit!

Gina Nadira Miller is a Guyanese–British business owner who initiated the 2016 R v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union court case against the British government over its authority to implement Brexit

why can't she keep her strong views to herself?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:20 PM

Everyone is allowed a view, whether you like it or not. I don't like her either but she is certainly allowed to air her views as are any of us surely?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:34 PM

I find it ironic that one of the metropolitan elitist is doing her utmost to enlist the support of a public whose expressed will she is now attempting to prevent
....or is she only talking to those that agree with her views.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I find it ironic that one of the metropolitan elitist is doing her utmost to enlist the support of a public whose expressed will she is now attempting to prevent
....or is she only talking to those that agree with her views.
Has it escaped your notice that not all of the public expressed that view? I still maintain that a high proportion of them had no idea of what they were voting for.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Everyone is allowed a view, whether you like it or not. I don't like her either but she is certainly allowed to air her views as are any of us surely?
Hi

Well put Barry.

The thing is that we are a democracy, so she is entitled to her views.

I do not agree with them, but I also do not agree with Boris.

These people get air time, us ordinary people do not.

We get our say at the ballot box and that should be respected.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Has it escaped your notice that not all of the public expressed that view? I still maintain that a high proportion of them had no idea of what they were voting for.
No it had not escaped my notice as I think we all know by now that there was/is a difference of opinion on the way people voted or think about leaving the EU.

I maintain if only more people who wanted to remain in the EU had come out to vote things would be so different now wouldn't they
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:25 PM

Mrs Miller also claimed that she is launching a “public service” with her new campaign and said that it was “morally right” that people should have a say with either another Brexit vote or a general election.

Good for her - more power to her elbow if it produces either another referendum or General Election.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Anti-Brexit campaigner Gina Miller has claimed she is providing a “public service” and called for the British people to “take back control” of irresponsible politics

I agree with this bit, but she is part of that, politically our country is now a joke, reduced to name calling, mud slinging, and fake news, time the clowns were outed.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
No it had not escaped my notice as I think we all know by now that there was/is a difference of opinion on the way people voted or think about leaving the EU.

I maintain if only more people who wanted to remain in the EU had come out to vote things would be so different now wouldn't they
I'm sure that makes sense to you but not to me.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top