Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:21 PM

Re: Take Aways

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There's no set rule but probably once a month. The thing is, sometimes after I have done all the washing, cleaning, shopping, ironing, polishing, gardening and hoovering, sometimes I feel like a night off cooking you know.

We have an Indian take away a few doors away and the smell just makes me fancy it, even if I have just eaten. I would say overall, we have more Indian than Chinese.
Chinese is more expensive these days anyway. Do you agree?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Chinese is more expensive these days anyway. Do you agree?
Yes, I think so.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 01:48 PM

We have an excellent Chinese up here, but I'd not eat Indian as I hate hot spicy food.
Sometimes we will get a Carry Out Meal to take home if we've been in Town for the evening but there's no pattern to it. I think we only had a Carry out about 4 times last year.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:27 PM

There is so much salt in takeaway,your up half the night,drinking,..haven't had one in quite a while,..with many woman and men working full time,they don't seem to get the time to cook a descent meal these days.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 02:58 PM

At the moment I'm addicted to potato fritters from the chippy. I love batter.
I just dropped on the way back from the shops and came home with a dozen.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
At the moment I'm addicted to potato fritters from the chippy. I love batter.
I just dropped on the way back from the shops and came home with a dozen.
We don't get them here!
I'm going to write to the Queen.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Have to admit that if they were a tad less snooty here and made a proper potato and fish sandwich in batter, I would never be off the chippies doorstep

Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There's no set rule but probably once a month. The thing is, sometimes after I have done all the washing, cleaning, shopping, ironing, polishing, gardening and hoovering, sometimes I feel like a night off cooking you know.

We have an Indian take away a few doors away and the smell just makes me fancy it, even if I have just eaten. I would say overall, we have more Indian than Chinese.
Same dongles
Only our Indian is in town not a few doors away!

How jammy are you?!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 05:58 PM

I am very well provided for with take-aways here, living close to the centre of the city. There are Indian, Chinese, Thai, kebab, pizza, - all of whom deliver to the door.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 06:03 PM

we don't mind the odd Indian or chinese take away but we always stick to the same ones. I do prefer to make my own Indian curries and shami kebabs, even been known to make my own chappattis, we are really into spicy food. I like to make my own Chinese Chicken Curry with peas and I also make special fried rice, my son loves it.

The town I live in have a Indian Takeaway every second shop! Also nearby towns.

We have an Indian food shop, they don't deliver you have to go collect it and buy from their fridges to take home. The food from there is very nice, very popular too and it is extremely clean. Judd if you are reading this and like Indian food you need to get down to Batley and go to the shop, it is called Spices and Rices, opposite Batley Post Office. I can really recommend it. Its open from about 10-6pm.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top