Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Re: Another one bites the dust

Well we had enough brain cells to go and vote. If the remoaners had done the same things would be different.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Mass migration into the UK has emptied the dole queues in Eastern Europe that's for sure , and kept British workers on zero hour contracts, minimum wage and increased job insecurity.
It has negated the need for UK based employers to invest in or upskill it's British workforce and 3 million extra people means pressure on housing and health and education with language issues, increased rents , increased traffic and reduced taxes from British workers due to lower wages and shorter working weeks......The working poor, in other words.

But it hasn't affected YOU, so that's alright then, isn't it.
As long as you're not affected!
AS long as you can have a pretty Lithuanian serve you coffee or an Albanian clean your car for cash in the hand or a team of unqualified Polish guys build your new kitchen extenson or atticconversio for lower rates than experienced, well trained, certificated and H&S compliant British workers then it's all good.
Well said mate - I didn't have the patience to be honest...
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 10:20 AM

Mass migration into the UK has emptied the dole queues in Eastern Europe that's for sure , and kept British workers on zero hour contracts, minimum wage and increased job insecurity.
It has negated the need for UK based employers to invest in or upskill it's British workforce and 3 million extra people means pressure on housing and health and education with language issues, increased rents , increased traffic and reduced taxes from British workers due to lower wages and shorter working weeks......The working poor, in other words.

AS long as you can have a pretty Lithuanian serve you coffee or an Albanian clean your car for cash in the hand or a team of unqualified Polish guys build your new kitchen extenson or atticconversio for lower rates than experienced, well trained, certificated and H&S compliant British workers then it's all good.
Still hanging on to the coat tails of the Brexit Fallacy then with typical arrogance. The independent report discredits most if not all of your regurgitated drivel.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Still hanging on to the coat tails of the Brexit Fallacy then with typical arrogance. The independent report discredits most if not all of your regurgitated drivel.
You're full of shit, sorry, but the time for niceties with Remainer Morons is long gone!
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 10:04 AM

You're full of shit, sorry, but the time for niceties with Remainer Morons is long gone!
Yeh sounds like your IQ level, and to call us remoaners after you lot have spent the last 20 plus years bellyaching without coming up with a viable alternative stretches credulity to the limit.

Another barking dog
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 10:26 AM

I agree, Moscow.

It may be also significant that the OP has made no reference to how much of the migrants' salaries is being funnelled back to their country of origin.

Assuming that, say, a third of what they earn hits the pockets of traders back there in Europe, or wherever, rather than being spent here in the UK, that might be quite a big hit on our economy?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:41 AM

Just as with the £350 m pounds the NHS would get when we leave was proved a lie,
That old chestnut again
If I suddenly found I didn't have to pay any more bills I would probably say 'good more to spend on my garden'.

Would that mean I would spend every extra penny I now had on the garden and if I didn't I would be a liar, I think any reasonable person would say not .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 11:58 AM

Just as with the £350 m pounds the NHS would get when we leave was proved a lie, the detrimental effect of Immigrants on society as presented by the leave campaign have also been proved a lie in the Immigration Advisories Committees report.

In 2016-17 migrants from the EEA (EU plus Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein) paid £4.7 BILLION more in taxes than they received in welfare benefits and public services.

The UK born population was a net cost to the treasury of £41.4 BILLION and non European migrants a cost of £9 BILLION.

Migrants have little or no impact on the overall employment of the UK-born workforce with little effect on wages.

EU migration has brought a massive net benefit for health and social care services both through the taxes paid by migrants and by increasing the work force. "There is NO evidence that migration has reduced the quality of health-care".

There is no evidence that migration has reduced parental choice of schools or the educational attainment of UK-born children.

I could go on but I think those with more than 2 brain cells would have known this already, rather than believing the clap trap of the leave campaign.

How many more of the non-nonsensical reasons to leave did you Brexititer wallies believe
I am not into 'name calling' I find it unnecessary in adult conversation and more suited to the playground.

I get sick of the ill informed and condescending assertions made by some who voted to remain. One example, not all of those myself included who voted leave did so based on the immigration issue. If not one single immigrant from the EU had entered the UK I would still have voted to leave .
I voted to leave because I don't agree with paying large sums of money to belong to some exclusive club and to be told what we can or can't do by unelected eurocrats

I have paid taxes all my working life to a government I can vote against every few years if I so choose, I object to my hard earned money being paid to support another unnecessary layer of government and all that stands for.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 12:10 PM

Is the guy in the video planning to send all the guardian readers to the Isle of Man and put a fence around them? If anyone wonders why there is no unity on this subject watch him spouting hate again. It's exactly what I was saying the other day. Leave voters are causing a lot of bad feeling towards those who voted remain and this doesn't seem to be abating. If it's not all coming one way then maybe someone could post some similar recent videos from remain voters?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2018, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree, Moscow.

It may be also significant that the OP has made no reference to how much of the migrants' salaries is being funnelled back to their country of origin.[/B]

Assuming that, say, a third of what they earn hits the pockets of traders back there in Europe, or wherever, rather than being spent here in the UK, that might be quite a big hit on our economy?
You could say the same for anyone who is a British citizen and buys a home in Spain or goes on holiday to the US.

The value of cheap imported labour is not just related to taxes or spend. It's measured in efficiency and growth. These add value exponentially to the economy as a whole. So if you have a cheaper plumber or factory worker a British citizen has more disposable income to spend on locally produced goods. This leads to growth of local industries which may no longer exist if you remove the cheap workers. Because the people who do come from here won't have the cash to pay for it. So small businesses that have sprung up could fold if the immigrant labour falls and wages go up.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top