Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 04:59 PM

Re: Quiz: retiring overseas

I do love Cornwall tho Bags - but maybe its best just for holidays...
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:06 PM

I love Cornwall to but Im sick of the rain and it rotting all my veg in its beds ... I have even raised the beds and added sand and organic compost to make more drainage but the rain and lack of sunshine makes for poor crops... here my food grows to twice the size and looks so much healthier
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:14 PM

Yea agree - thats why we chose not to live there...
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:19 PM

Come on Pat , be brave
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Im trying at the moment to move to South of France. I live here nearly full time but hubby still has to work and although he works all over the world he is based in the UK.
Im going for the sun shine the better food and better life style and friendlier comunity. Plus many other reasons

other reasons , You won the lottery ??????
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-03-2013, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Come on Pat , be brave
What Wahts that How brave for what....
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 05:25 PM

I wish !!
No here our field is connected to our house at home its a mile away and I want to have chickens and goats back home unattended animals are stolen or harmed ....its happened to many times to horses near me in cornwall that Id want any animals I have to be well watched over. Not that I think it would happen here in France not so many sicko's around
Norway
i

14-03-2013, 06:10 PM

pack your bags Pat and do it
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2013, 06:35 PM

We took early retirement, sold our house in England and moved with our then two little dogs to Kenya. Spent a couple of years there, wow what an experience, good as well as bad. Then we moved here to Spain where we bought our house. We have been here now for 13 years and no regrets. There were some difficulties in the early days but we managed and these days things are much easier. The health care is excellent, no complaints at all, we have everything around us that we need and we have been very happy here. There are people we know who have gone back to UK for various reasons and wished they hadn't, but everyone is different, one suits one doesn't suit another. We also have friends here who have lost partners but have stayed here and coped very well. Here people do tend to help each other out more, maybe because we are all foreigners abroad, but we all help each other where we can and when needed. It used to be the British buying all the property, now it's the Norwegians, we have acquired 4 different lots of Norwegian neighbours in the last few months alone, all very pleasant and friendly I must say.
Norway
i

14-03-2013, 10:10 PM

Yes there are many Norwegians buying property in Spain. I think the prices are cheap possibly, and particularly working Norwegians are not short of money. Norway is a rich country, and salaries are very good compared with other countries. Many people seemed to have laft Spain and come back to the U K, unable to manage there, I wonder why ?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top