Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2020, 01:13 AM

Re: 2019 - Hottest and Dryest on Record

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'm surprised there is anyone left alive in that neck of the woods Bruce, after all the A bomb testing over the years. Perhaps we should look no further for the recent heatwaves and bushfires in Aus.
Your knowledge of geography is about as reliable as JBR's knowledge of British history.

The atomic bomb tests in the Pacific were about 10000km from Easter Island (only 2000km less than London from the same nuclear tests). On the other hand the British nuclear tests were 800km from Adelaide, of course they were quite safe.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Your knowledge of geography is about as reliable as JBR's knowledge of British history.

The atomic bomb tests in the Pacific were about 10000km from Easter Island (only 2000km less than London from the same nuclear tests). On the other hand the British nuclear tests were 800km from Adelaide, of course they were quite safe.
The distance chernobyl - london is three times that. When chernobyl blew nobody in the UK was worried, weren't they?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The distance chernobyl - london is three times that. When chernobyl blew nobody in the UK was worried, weren't they?
It was a light hearted comment, but since it has been taken seriously...When eco warriors consider that pollution and CO2 emissions in the northern hemisphere can have an effect on the climate in the southern hemisphere, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect the detonation of over 2000 atomic bombs (with just one bomb exceeding all the explosives released in the second world war) actually in the southern hemisphere to contribute somewhat to the adverse conditions now being experienced in Australia.

Are we not losing the whole point of my statement by nit picking and avoiding the issue....Who actually cares where the bombs were detonated, the fact remains that they were, and releasing a damn lot more CO2 and pollution than every factory and farm animal in the civilised world.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It was a light hearted comment, but since it has been taken seriously...W
I am surprised you took my light hearted reply to your original light hearted post so seriously.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2020, 11:24 AM

I am surprised you took my light hearted reply to your original light hearted post so seriously.
Ha yes sorry Brucie, I hope the expected rain has dampened down the bushfires, and if there is one good thing to come out of this, you should be free from bushfires for a while after all the scrub and flammable stuff has now been burned off. It would be nice to see how long it takes before new growth and the animal population returns to normal.

They burn off the heather moors here from time to time and it's surprising how quickly new shoots are appearing on the heather, of course it was a damn sight hotter with the bushfires and may take a lot longer to recover, especially the wildlife....

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top