Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 06:07 AM

Re: Foxy on Tour

Aha! The weather explains the less than optimal dining situation. I know that you and others have had very positive experiences on P&O, and I expect that the weather was to blame. You might want to take a peek at Azamara, which I highly recommend. The balconies offer full-sized dining tables on the balconies, and with room service provided, it cut down on the number of people in the restaurants. Breakfast on the balcony was thoroughly relaxing, and I can imagine that it would be enjoyable even on a frosty morning.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 10:09 AM

I'm glad you liked Azamara SM they are my favourite too.

Foxy it's a shame it was such a disaster I know you were really looking forward to it....I hope Mrs Foxy is ok and the condition isn't too serious.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Aha! The weather explains the less than optimal dining situation. I know that you and others have had very positive experiences on P&O, and I expect that the weather was to blame. You might want to take a peek at Azamara, which I highly recommend. The balconies offer full-sized dining tables on the balconies, and with room service provided, it cut down on the number of people in the restaurants. Breakfast on the balcony was thoroughly relaxing, and I can imagine that it would be enjoyable even on a frosty morning.
They look wonderful Surfermom, I've just had a look around their website.
Trouble is we don't like to fly. Not that we don't like flying, but having flew out to meet a ship in the Caribbean last year for a two week cruise, we found the weight restriction limiting, and it was so tiring flying to Barbados and then having to tour the next day before we even had time to unpack.

We like to sail Southampton to Southampton....A nice steady drive down the day before, and an overnight stay before we meet the ship next day.
We enjoy the visit to Southampton so much that next time we will stay for two nights and visit the city properly. And the drive down (250 miles) reminds me of my courier days....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2020, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Foxy it's a shame it was such a disaster I know you were really looking forward to it....I hope Mrs Foxy is ok and the condition isn't too serious.
Not so much a disaster Summer as a learning curve....
We still enjoyed the cruise and the company of our daughter and hubby. But Winter cruises will not be on the agenda in future unless it's part of a world cruise....

Mrs Fox will be having a serious operation tomorrow Summer, so I've got my fingers crossed that it goes okay...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2020, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

Summer, I recall your approval of the line before we sailed. As I suspected ahead of time, it has ruined me when it comes to other larger ship travel.

I will have to live on rice for a while so as to book another .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 10:42 PM

Foxy, l am so Sorry for my late arrival to the last part of your thread. What a time you had, after it started out ok.
I was sorry to read about your gout. I know people who’ve had that and they’ve been in agony.
I hope your wife is ok.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-01-2020, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, l am so Sorry for my late arrival to the last part of your thread. What a time you had, after it started out ok.
I was sorry to read about your gout. I know people who’ve had that and they’ve been in agony.
I hope your wife is ok.
After almost a fortnight in hospital and a four hour operation last Wednesday, she has been recovering well and I brought her home yesterday Arty....

Could hardly walk when the gout was at its worse Arty, I even missed a couple of runs, surprisingly though, although its still painful to walk on I can manage to run on it....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
After almost a fortnight in hospital and a four hour operation last Wednesday, she has been recovering well and I brought her home yesterday Arty....

Could hardly walk when the gout was at its worse Arty, I even missed a couple of runs, surprisingly though, although its still painful to walk on I can manage to run on it....
Foxy, First of all, l am pleased your wife is ok. It sounds as if she’s been through a lot lately.

As for your gout. Did you join the ‘Ministry Of Funny Walks’, or you walked like the man, who used to say, ‘Mr Dillon’ in the cowboy series?
I’m not trying to be horrid, as l know it’s a very painful condition but l thought it would make you laugh.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

21-01-2020, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Foxy, First of all, l am pleased your wife is ok. It sounds as if she’s been through a lot lately.

As for your gout. Did you join the ‘Ministry Of Funny Walks’, or you walked like the man, who used to say, ‘Mr Dillon’ in the cowboy series?
I’m not trying to be horrid, as l know it’s a very painful condition but l thought it would make you laugh.
You succeeded Arty.....

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top