Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:04 PM

Stealing or Wrecking Things for Everyone

This painting, stolen decades ago was found in the museum in which it was housed, apparently stolen and hidden in the walls during renovation.(How they didn't figure this out a long time ago is a little strange).

It's gorgeous IMHO.

It got me thinking, especially in regards to the giant buddhas in Syria.

Shouldn't there be a higher class of crimes against society - and most especially Nature - the would carry more severe penalty, for example, protected whales?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:45 PM

Re: Stealing or Wrecking Things for Everyone

Hi

Unfortunately some seem to think it is not only fun but absolutely hilarious.

On a much smaller scale, some think it funny around here to smash the flowers on new graves.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:01 PM

Surfermom, Yes, it is a lovely painting and as you say, strange too ... but what was the method in their madness? Or was it just an oversight?

I think, we need Inspector Clouseau on the case!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
This painting, stolen decades ago was found in the museum in which it was housed, apparently stolen and hidden in the walls during renovation.(How they didn't figure this out a long time ago is a little strange).

It's gorgeous IMHO.

Shouldn't there be a higher class of crimes against society - and most especially Nature - the would carry more severe penalty, for example, protected whales?
We already have a two tier law in Great Britain its been around since the Robin Hood times.
The rich get away with robbery whilst the guy in the street does time in prison.
Its in our everyday society just look around and read the news.
Has for whales well we don't even care in our law courts about any kind of animal we burn them we cut them we torture them but when the wicked buggers are court they are given small fines and smacked on the wrist's and told don't do it again when you get your new pet.
By the way ain't to keen on that picture I have done better and threw them in the bin.
No wonder some one threw it behind a wall.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 09:56 PM

[QUOTE=Surfermom;1844569]This painting, stolen decades ago was found in the museum in which it was housed, apparently stolen and hidden in the walls during renovation.(How they didn't figure this out a long time ago is a little strange).

It's gorgeous IMHO.

Shouldn't there be a higher class of crimes against society - and most especially Nature - the would carry more severe penalty, for example, protected whales?[/QUOTE]

The problem is Surfermom, that we are working towards a world army and Trump seems to be the one instigating it, he is already building an army to control the world from space. Cutting down forests and killing protected whales is a terrible thing, but do we allow a single world army to have the right to wade into other countries and prevent them from doing what they consider their custom, heritage and right, not to mention the employment it gives to the indigenous people.

While we probably all agree with the damage to forests and killing of whales, what happens when the world army does something we don't agree with? Are we not in danger of creating a world wide police force?
We must be careful what we wish for.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:18 PM

I would be happy with a drone capable of taking out the yobs in my area.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would be happy with a drone capable of taking out the yobs in my area.

You need a Charles Bronson (Death Wish) geezer Longdogs...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:17 PM

That's the problem, when we prescribe to Global, to fix Local.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Unfortunately some seem to think it is not only fun but absolutely hilarious.

On a much smaller scale, some think it funny around here to smash the flowers on new graves.
That's horrible. I have wondered whether there is a way to set up camera surveillance on a gravestone. It's really annoying if you plant something and someone steals it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You need a Charles Bronson (Death Wish) geezer Longdogs...
That's something I have dreamt of many times Foxy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top