Join for free
Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 04:24 PM

Re: Suffering fools

I don't think most people hold grudges; they just allow people to rotate out of their lives with indifference like a long-revolving comet.

I would rather remember the lesson than the person (so no grudges).
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 05:59 PM

Hi

Work for Politicians who are consummate arrogant idiots who have no knowledge of what they are in charge of.

It is an eyeopener.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I agree. I had a close friend for 40 years and I obviously never knew her because she hurt and betrayed me badly a few months ago. If that friendship was unconditional it would mean I don't have any self respect. It's made me realise I can trust no one but myself. 40 damn years it took me to find out what a two faced bitch she is.
LQ, ls this the friend you heard when she didn’t turn her phone off properly after a conversation with you?
Forty years you’ve known her and she hadn't shown her true colours until then?
I have lots of friends but l never get close to any of them. It’s best!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
LQ, ls this the friend you heard when she didn’t turn her phone off properly after a conversation with you?
Hi

Art, you are who you are.

It is impossible not to like you.

A great fun person to be with for a day, same as Rhian.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Art, you are who you are.

It is impossible not to like you.

A great fun person to be with for a day, same as Rhian.
Thank You, Swimmy. That brought a smile to my face. xxi
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes Arty, ya guessed right. I'm still hurt over it, the loss of our friendship has felt a bit like a bereavement, I have forgiven her but I could never trust her again so I let things lie. I won't pretend I don't miss her. Yes, 40 years for me to find out. If I am honest, I did hear her bad mouthing other friends of hers but it never entered my head she would be so spiteful about me when all I ever did was love and care about her. I was too trusting obviously and perhaps a fool.

My husband is my best friend, I do trust him but I am wary of everyone else now. She made me question other friendships and I'm wary which is a shame.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Yes Arty, ya guessed right. I'm still hurt over it, the loss of our friendship has felt a bit like a bereavement, I have forgiven her but I could never trust her again so I let things lie. I won't pretend I don't miss her. Yes, 40 years for me to find out. If I am honest, I did hear her bad mouthing other friends of hers but it never entered my head she would be so spiteful about me when all I ever did was love and care about her. I was too trusting obviously and perhaps a fool.

My husband is my best friend, I do trust him but I am wary of everyone else now. She made me question other friendships and I'm wary which is a shame.
Some of my friends who talk about their friends to me behind their backs, and I just know that it will be me they will be talking about when I'm not there....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2020, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Some of my friends who talk about their friends to me behind their backs, and I just know that it will be me they will be talking about when I'm not there....
Don't adopt any friends, just the gaffer, and, make sure you out perform the chatterers on a daily basis.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 01:19 AM

I don't have any friends now however I do have a lot of acquaintances with whom I am quite matey ie we go out for the occasional drink or meal and chat regularly.

Over the years I have lost touch with most of my long term friends because they live in different states, towns, countries or have died (sadly a lot fall in the latter category). I know no one from my school days or teens and am in contact only with one friend from the late 60s who now lives in the USA but it is not the same.

Sad but true, however I am very happy with acquaintances at my time of life.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Don't adopt any friends, just the gaffer, and, make sure you out perform the chatterers on a daily basis.
A gaffer?..you mean an electrician on a film set??

Page 7 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top