Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:01 PM

Tinitus

Ive had it for years in fact i think ive had it since a child but didnt recognise it thinking it was something everyone had . Mine is an extrememly high pitch whistle , at times I can ignore it but like now its at its maximum and so so loud . I can tune in to it then find it fades away but it does come back . I was wearing ear plugs last night due to my inconsiderate neighbours and i think its exasperated it .

Does anyone else suffer
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:18 PM

Re: Tinitus

I have suffered from Tinitus for a number of years now but have got so used to it I tend to forget I have it till someone brings it up then I notice it. A high pitched whistling in the ear. I have it in both ears.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:37 PM

I have had tinnitus in the past but only for short periods of time, it comes and goes. It's horrible, I'm so sorry you've had to suffer with it all this time. You poor thing, it's enough to drive one mad. I hope you get some relief soon. xxxx
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 08:45 PM

I am so sorry for you all .
My mother had severe Tinnitus and suffered greatly .
My son sadly has tinnitus too and we have searched every possible remedy .
I wish they would find a treatment for this awful affliction.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 09:02 PM

I suffered tinnitus most of my life .... but no longer!

About five years ago at the age of about sixty I started wearing hearing aids full time.

The HAs can be a right pain, amplifying all the wrong sounds, especially in horrid cavernous buildings like, ironically, our GP surgery. I hear a baby crying, a door squeaking, phones ringing, machines beeping, it's impossible to hold a conversation with the receptionist.

Anyway, the tinnitus is gone.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 10:10 PM

I too have suffered from tinnitus for as long as I can remember. It sounds like a whistle at, I would estimate, about 4 kHz (about four octaves above middle C).

I can hear it distinctly right now, but usually I have learnt to ignore it.

The problem is that certain types of hearing aid might help, but only by employing noise cancellation; the sort of thing that some headphones do to mask unwanted external noise (like Marge rabbitting on!).
No, my hearing aids don't do that (and Marge doesn't really rabbit on, well, not often anyway).

I believe that one reason why no-one has thought of a working cure is that the cause lies either within the cochlea or within the brain itself, and you really don't want your cochlea (and certainly not your brain) removing.

EDIT: It is only in my left ear. Not that that matters for this discussion!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 11:21 PM

I have tinnitus too, I think a lot of older people get it. Mine isn't bad, but it can be a pain at night when you are trying to drop off to sleep & all you can hear is a distant ringing in your ears, though mine is more like a two note whining noise. I do try to ignore it though & can most of the time.
I feel for anyone who has it, specially if it is really bad.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:13 AM

I have it in one ear, sometimes are worse than others.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 12:17 AM

I'm also a Tinnitus sufferer, I had it for years.

I've learnt to live with it during the daytime but find it worse at night time when everything is so quiet and the whistling and humming is droning on non stop.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:54 AM

I have tinnitus for years too but I never realised I did until one day it stopped for a few seconds and everything went quiet.

Doesn't worry me in the slightest, getting deafer does - though I have hearing aids I forget to put them in. Most of the time that doesn't matter either, I just turn everything up. It is only in company that it does affect me.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top