Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:31 PM

Re: Do You Put Milk Into Your Scrambled Eggs?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That looks like something from the 1950s, Omah.
Indeed .....

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
What a fantastic idea.
Not really ..... it was highly dangerous, as were those eye-level grills .....

There were far too many incidents of singed eyebrows, burned arms and scalded groins .....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:40 PM

Scalded groins? Yikes!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:52 PM

I never cook eggs in the microwave. I add a splash of milk, knob of butter, salt n pepper to two eggs that I'm going to scramble.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 05:53 PM

I prefer an eye level grill to a waist one, I can see at a glance what's going on.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I prefer an eye level grill to a waist one, I can see at a glance what's going on.
Me too Roxy, Most households had eye-level cooker grills in the 50's/early 60's. I would love to have one on my cooker. Mine is above the Fan Oven and when I am grilling things I cannot see a thing - lethal when I forget to check. And.... I'm always having to bend down to grill things. Oooer!
With the old models, you could stand there and have a cuppa and continue watching what was grilling or toasting, especially toast! and that plate warming section above the grill was brilliant.

Not so bothered now with just the two of us, but if there was a modern version with eye-level grill plus attached plate warming section, I would be sorely tempted to get one.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I did learn from watching that you should stir the eggs to make them cook better. I have always just poured and waited. I have successfully tried egg in a cup in the microwave and poached eggs. So may try scrambling toi!
I can't get poached eggs right in a microwave Annie. Some years ago I bought a four egg egg poacher and I do my poached eggs on the hob top. You have probably seen them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2020, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Me too Roxy, Most households had eye-level cooker grills in the 50's/early 60's. I would love to have one on my cooker. Mine is above the Fan Oven and when I am grilling things I cannot see a thing - lethal when I forget to check. And.... I'm always having to bend down to grill things. Oooer!
With the old models, you could stand there and have a cuppa and continue watching what was grilling or toasting, especially toast! and that plate warming section above the grill was brilliant.

Not so bothered now with just the two of us, but if there was a modern version with eye-level grill plus attached plate warming section, I would be sorely tempted to get one.
We used to have one when I was a child. I don't see what's wrong with them but I guess that people don't like the aesthetics in this day of minimalist kitchens where you are meant to pretend that you have no appliances and that you never cook! It's infinitely more practical to have one at eye level so you don't have to keep bending down to see what's happening.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-01-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I can't get poached eggs right in a microwave Annie. Some years ago I bought a four egg egg poacher and I do my poached eggs on the hob top. You have probably seen them.
I actually learned how to microwave poached eggs on this forum Aerolor. There is still a thread here somewhere! It gives the perfect poached egg every time. You just need to get the water: egg ratio and bowl right. I was very impressed once I'd mastered it. Lovely runny yolks, yum!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:12 PM

LOL, I gave up trying to get poached eggs perfect for breakfast. I ended up buying four of those individual silicone poaching cups where you get the water simmering nicely, rub some butter around the insides of the cups, crack an egg into each and gently lay them into the water ensuring I don't splash any water into the cups as I do so. Pop the toast into toaster and 4 minutes later, gently using a small spoon, turn out two perfectly shaped poached eggs with soft yolks and set whites ready for breakfast.

Of course, we all know that these are not poached eggs but baked eggs, but as far as HWMO is concerned, they are simply poached eggs on toast as he asked for!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL, I gave up trying to get poached eggs perfect for breakfast. I ended up buying four of those individual silicone poaching cups where you get the water simmering nicely, rub some butter around the insides of the cups, crack an egg into each and gently lay them into the water ensuring I don't splash any water into the cups as I do so. Pop the toast into toaster and 4 minutes later, gently using a small spoon, turn out two perfectly shaped poached eggs with soft yolks and set whites ready for breakfast.

Of course, we all know that these are not poached eggs but baked eggs, but as far as HWMO is concerned, they are simply poached eggs on toast as he asked for!
They sound delicious so would it be possible for me to have the remaining two that you don't appear to use? I know don't tell me, your dogs also like poached eggs on toast!

Yes, those work a treat don't they, I use them after my original and very old-fashioned poacher was well past the 'use by date' so had to be disposed of.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top