Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:21 PM

My first week

So I’ve just completed my first week in my new job and thought I’d give you all a bit of an update, first couple of days I was shadowing the maintenance supervisor, who is also new to that role, and tried to get my head around the paperwork, a bit strange and daunting, but he said I’d get it , which I more or less have, so I was on my own from Wednesday, and apart from Changing a few sockets, which seem to get broken by the care staff smashing the beds into them, and hanging a couple of pictures and a clock, it’s been pretty much checking the rooms ( on a monthly basis) and ticking boxes, there is a maintenance fault book but I’ve been trying to fix faults as and when they crop up, the main thing is I’m knackered from all the walking around and my legs ache, but I guess I’ll get used to it, it’s all reasonably relaxed at the moment, weather it will change remains to be seen, but everyone seems nice and I’m getting to know the staff and residents, so watch this space...as they say
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:35 PM

Re: My first week

Sounds interesting and varied work Primus, never knowing what might turn up the next day. I know it has to be done but it would be the paperwork that would do my head in....Glad to hear that you're fitting in...
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:46 PM

Thanks for the update Primy, I was wondering how you were doing. Sounds like you are fitting in well and enjoying, brilliant news.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 10:47 PM

I did wonder how you were getting on in your new job, Primus

Glad you're settling into it .....
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:01 PM

Yes, obviously it’s still early days but it seems easy going, but I think it’s what I needed as the stress was too much, my blood pressure has stabilised too...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:11 PM

Any new job needs a settling in period. once in the "swing" of it you will think nothing of it. Not having the stress will make you feel better as well.

Been there through it and come out other side a lot happier, you will too
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:23 PM

Tough call, it must be hard, not seeing yourself as a permanent resident, far easier to avoid such occupations.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2019, 11:33 PM

Well done, Primus!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 12:24 AM

Sounds promising Primus.
You'll soon get the hang of everything.
Well done.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2019, 01:08 AM

First days in a new job are always difficult when you don't know the ropes, sounds like you are off to a good start Primus

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top