Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 12:51 PM

Re: The state of our roads

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What i want to know is where the vehicle road fund licence money goes? certainly not back in road repairs
I can remember asking my MP that question a few years ago and he said they had to pay for wars some way, it was middle of the first afghan war.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 12:53 PM

If you remember the changes to ved back in March 2017, the tax collected will, from 2020 be solely used for the road networks, however, a lot can happen until then so it will be interesting to see if that will happen, or if the tax collected will be syphoned off to be used elsewhere.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
If you remember the changes to ved back in March 2017, the tax collected will, from 2020 be solely used for the road networks, however, a lot can happen until then so it will be interesting to see if that will happen, or if the tax collected will be syphoned off to be used elsewhere.
I don't believe for one minute that it will.
Politicians lie. It's the nature of the beast.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 02:25 PM

Our roads around here are bad. It's worse after rain because then the pot holes fill up with water & the water spreads so you can't see where they are to avoid them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What i want to know is where the vehicle road fund licence money goes? certainly not back in road repairs
To pay for 'improved' Trident missiles that the stupid, scumbag 'nasty party' wanted.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
To pay for 'improved' Trident missiles that the stupid, scumbag 'nasty party' wanted.
AND, they should keep the blasted things on their doorstep.....Not Mine.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:40 PM

I went to Primrose Valley last Friday for the weekend with my friends. I was driving. I was driving along a road at speed next thing we all screamed out as the car went with an almighty bang. Turned out I had hit a pothole none of us had seen it due to the speed I was doing which was within the limit. We were ten minutes from Primrose Valley so I drove on. As we turned into the caravan park I thought my car felt strange to drive then the orange light came on telling me I had a flat tyre. I had to call out the AA and it wasn't a puncture, it was the wheel that had completely gone out of shape with the impact which in turn made my tyre go down. I wish now I had taken a photograph of the pothole. Luckily there was nothing behind me at that time or it could have been a very nasty accident. We were all very shook up. My dad was telling me he heard it on the news that for all the potholes to be filled in in this country would take 14 years!!! 14 years???? what the hell.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:43 PM

Glad your ok Lion, I'd be presenting the Council with my repair bill for the car..
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Very necessary with the threat your darling, Putin, is posing.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2018, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Glad your ok Lion, I'd be presenting the Council with my repair bill for the car..
thank you Roxy x

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top