Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:34 PM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Originally Posted by mei ->
Sadly the UK preferred to sell its agricultural lands in order to develop its financial centres and economics. London was the business centre of Europe ,since the UK has no farming or industries, but many economists say this financial center might move to Paris now.
In the last hour Morgan Stanley, have announced they are moving 2000 jobs out the UK, probably Dublin.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It would seem Tessa keeps her money in her knickers
Safest place with my love life!
I wonder how it's going to affect the tourist industry? Will British folk not travel to Europe or will we get a sudden surge of tourists because of the low pound?
Will expats still get British pensions etc?
Lots to think about!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:41 PM

Lol many people run to the bank in Asia to buy pounds but they were sold out by lunch time!
Thats because they know the £ is going to rise again
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
In the last hour Morgan Stanley, have announced they are moving 2000 jobs out the UK, probably Dublin.
MORGAN STANLEY DENIES...blah blah blah

The scaremongering never stops does it????

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7100911.html

A spokesperson for Morgan Stanley told the Independent that the reports were untrue and that the bank has no immediate plans to make changes.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:46 PM

Seems they are not

opps , posted same as Ruth
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:47 PM

Sadly the UK preferred to sell its agricultural lands in order to develop its financial centres and economics. London was the business centre of Europe ,since the UK has no farming or industries, but many economists say this financial center might move to Paris now.
I live on a big Family run farm, 5 Generations now and it's doing away fine thankyou very much.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
MORGAN STANLEY DENIES...blah blah blah

The scaremongering never stops does it????

A spokesperson for Morgan Stanley told the Independent that the reports were untrue and that the bank has no immediate plans to make changes.
Get used to it, it's just the beginning.

False reports, untrue stories and other mischief making by those unwilling to accept a democratic decision.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:52 PM

... as I said earlier folk were not educated by the government to what benefits we got from the EU, not their fault.
Also the folks haven't been told what the consequences will be, we are about to find out in the next few months, mark my words.
Unusually I agree with you Wrinkly. I honestly believe the vast majority of voters did not understand the consequences of either outcome, not helped by the fact that both campaigns were somewhat devoid of facts. I include myself in that. I can't pretend to understand the economics/politics/mechanics of the whole thing however hard I tried. I think many/most people on both sides voted with their hearts more than their heads, many fuelled by their beliefs about (rather than knowledge of) immigration, sovereignty etc.
It will be interesting over the next few months/years.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:53 PM

I saw that too, but why the the sudden rush? surely it's better to wait until the dust settles and see how the land lies, before making any rush decisions. Things could be very different in a few weeks.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 02:59 PM

I am very happy for all the Brits who badly wanted a leave but very sad for those (nearly half of the country!) who wanted to stay in , as I am not optimistic at all!

Unlike many other EU countries the UK depends on its neighbours to feed its population. It imports its cheese, dairies, fruits, vegetables, cars etc...

The drastic drop of the pound might make all these things very expensive as they will imported goods and all the more expensive with the fall of the pound.

The young economical and dynamic force of EU workers French, Italian, Polish etc..(78% fully employed paying taxes compared to 74% working Brits) who are not straining the NHS as they are young and fit , will have to leave and give place for the genuine refugees that the UK will have to take, in accordance with its Nato agreements.
Mei

Can you supply a link to these NATO immigration agreements?

Thanks.

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top