Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 01:02 PM

Not over yet.

Apparently our own MP's can vote against coming out.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ent-act-europe
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: Not over yet.

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Apparently our own MP's can vote against coming out.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ent-act-europe
Clutching at straws.

The haystack has been well and truly burnt to the ground and there ain't no way a few straws are going to rebuild it .
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 01:50 PM

The majority have voted and that`s it. I hope we get through and we will. The lies on both sides will be shown to be rhetoric.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 03:30 PM

Keep up, Wrinkly! That was pointed out last week.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 05:27 PM

This link had todays date on it, Brexit campaign have completely wiped it website now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7105546.html
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 06:02 PM

It highly unlikely, even though it's technically a possibility that parliament would vote it down. Imagine the reaction of the people who voted to leave. So much anger would be created they wouldn't dare.

Having said that the whole purpose of the bid to get rid of Jeremy Corbin is to unite the Labour party so they can try to block the move if it comes to that.

The most annoying feature of all this is that had this vote gone the other way the leave campaign, perhaps with the acception on Niger Farage would have accepted the result.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

27-06-2016, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
It highly unlikely, even though it's technically a possibility that parliament would vote it down. Imagine the reaction of the people who voted to leave. So much anger would be created they wouldn't dare.

Having said that the whole purpose of the bid to get rid of Jeremy Corbin is to unite the Labour party so they can try to block the move if it comes to that.

The most annoying feature of all this is that had this vote gone the other way the leave campaign, perhaps with the acception on Niger Farage would have accepted the result.
I agree with you but wouldn't you be a bad loser if you lost such an important referendum, on blatant lies, for some unknown reason the IN voters didn't believe those lies when DC had told them to was.
How can the Tories win a GE with a liar at the helm, everything in their manifesto could be total lies.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:21 PM

This link had todays date on it, Brexit campaign have completely wiped it website now.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7105546.html
You're not suggesting that politicians would lie to us, are you?
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:25 PM

How can the Tories win a GE with a liar at the helm, everything in their manifesto could be total lies.
Uh... because they're the Tory party and people believe them. It really doesn't matter who you vote for, you still get a government that represents a minority.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 08:04 AM

I agree with you but wouldn't you be a bad loser if you lost such an important referendum, on blatant lies, for some unknown reason the IN voters didn't believe those lies when DC had told them to was.
I might become a bad loser if I thought that, however I don't. There was as much, if not more of the behavior you describe coming from the Remain camp? I would not describe it as lying in the strictest sense, since nobody could predict acurately what would happen whichever way the vote went. I would describe it as over enthusiastic forecasting. Either way most sensible people disbelievd both sides.

I certainly did and based my decision on the way I feel about being ruled by a bunch of bureaurocrat. I also took the time to do some research, this, coupled with my knowledge of business and the effects coming out would have plus interest in politics helped me to decide.

I think it's time the Remain camp accepted the decision and got on with the business of helping to steady the ship. Instead all the carping and complaining is destroying Britain's chances of sorting out a satisfactory outcome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top