Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 05:01 PM

Re: The Government can Hack you.

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Problem is they want to know what we are up too, but dont want us to know what they are up too. Double standards.
Yes. We certainly could use some of that Russian "Glasnost". If we, in the west, carry on as we have much longer the Ruskies with have to re-erect the iron curtain for protection.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 05:17 PM

I'll never understand the "I've nothing to hide so nothing to fear" mentality of some. There's a huge principle at stake here and that is that it's every citizen's right NOT to be snooped on by all and sundry whether it's their internet browsing history or private phone-calls. With a snooper's charter we're all automatically branded as criminals - guilty until proven innocent. I'm sure that my granddad and others didn't fight in wars for our freedoms just to watch them be given away so easily.

As Ben Franklin said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'll never understand the "I've nothing to hide so nothing to fear" mentality of some. There's a huge principle at stake here and that is that it's every citizen's right NOT to be snooped on by all and sundry whether it's their internet browsing history or private phone-calls. With a snooper's charter we're all automatically branded as criminals - guilty until proven innocent. I'm sure that my granddad and others didn't fight in wars for our freedoms just to watch them be given away so easily.

As Ben Franklin said "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Whilst I don't disagree with you in principle I feel that the present situation, especially concerning IZAL, is worth the loss (hopefully temporarily) of our privacy.

Thanks to our weak leadership we have allowed in many thousands of potential terrorists, to say nothing of our tolerance of the politico-racial s**t-stirrers who are doing their best to change moderate muslims within our midst into anti-British converts.

If it is not acceptable to deport or imprison them, due to their human rights, then surely we ought to at least keep tabs on them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 05:32 PM

How would you suggest we deal with those who mean our civilians harm?

Those that want to undermine those freedoms of which you speak?

The electronic era has thrown up new challenges, attacks and other criminal activity are planned and communicated via the Internet, mobile phone and media sites.

Gone are the days of gatherings in pubs and warehouses, planning their illegal activities over a pint.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 06:17 PM

I'll never understand the "I've nothing to hide so nothing to fear" mentality of some.
I can answer that, but it won't help. Once upon a time we believed we enjoyed a baker's dozen of something called "Democracy". Beneath that banner was the notion "innocent until proven guilty" and "nothing to fear, nothing to hide." Those you speak of haven't yet been roused from their sleep. They haven't noticed that we've lost most of those Democratic principles we held so dear, and they've been given away and replaced with Fascism.

There's a huge principle at stake here and that is that it's every citizen's right NOT to be snooped on by all and sundry whether it's their internet browsing history or private phone-calls. With a snooper's charter we're all automatically branded as criminals
True-true.

I'm sure that my granddad and others didn't fight in wars for our freedoms just to watch them be given away so easily.
That's right. Your granddad fought AGAINST Fascism.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

21-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It is we in the west who've harmed (and continue to harm) their civilians. You haven't figured it out yet? They are retaliating. "How would I suggest ..... ?" I suggest we apologize, make amends, pay reparations, and stop killing and raping them.

Eh? They don't give a stuff about our "freedoms". They are bent on revenge. They want us to pay for destroying their land and murdering their innocent men, women, and children.

This is not a difficult problem at all.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:07 PM

The electronic era has thrown up new challenges, attacks and other criminal activity are planned and communicated via the Internet, mobile phone and media sites.

Gone are the days of gatherings in pubs and warehouses, planning their illegal activities over a pint.
One or two little "firms" still exist around these parts. Oops that's blown their cover!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 07:47 PM

Shoot the buggers.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2016, 09:54 PM

Well spying on millions of innocents on the off-chance of finding a few thousand potential terrorists or criminals who will more than likely use the `dark web`, PGP encryption, VPNs and other anti-monitoring methods is certainly not the way to go about things. It needs to be done by good old-fashioned police and detective work, monitoring of certain mosques and radical preachers assisted by informants or personnel working from within.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-02-2016, 11:07 PM

Well spying on millions of innocents on the off-chance of finding a few thousand potential terrorists or criminals who will more than likely use the `dark web`, PGP encryption, VPNs and other anti-monitoring methods is certainly not the way to go about things. It needs to be done by good old-fashioned police and detective work, monitoring of certain mosques and radical preachers assisted by informants or personnel working from within.
Yes, that too.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top