Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 02:33 PM

Squatters!

A Group of Squatters have moved into a property owned by Guy Ritchie. The following is the Newspaper Report ......

"Apparently the wacky bunch, who call themselves "The Really Free School" have set up home in Guy's recently purchased Grade I listed property, and are inviting others to join them for a "sleepover"!

He purchased two properties to renovate into one. But now this group of Squatters have moved in.

Since taking up residence in the £6 million pad, the Really Free School have been tweeting other freeloaders, inviting them to; "Come sleepover in the most rah property in London".

The gang claim they will be running a temporary school in Guy's house, offering fellow squatters essential classes such as tarot, house occupation and how to escape paying for public transport.

Police were called and attended the scene but the squatters refused to budge! And to make the situation clear, they posted a note in the window saying: "Legal warning. Take Notice.. that we live in this house, it is our home and we intend to stay here."

If only Guy had thought of that.

Why could the Police not arrest them when they refused to budge?
What then was the point of the Police attending?

What is going on???

Rainbow x
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 06:03 PM

Re: Squatters!

Looks like Guy will have to go through the Courts to get them out. While they probably wreck his new home ....just because they can.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 06:23 PM

here in the States the cops would have had their butts on the street before they could blink!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

15-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
A Group of Squatters have moved into a property owned by Guy Ritchie.

Why could the Police not arrest them when they refused to budge?Rainbow x

Have you not heard of " Squatters Rights " ?

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/squatters.htm
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

15-02-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by White Raven ->
Looks like Guy will have to go through the Courts to get them out. While they probably wreck his new home ....just because they can.

Court route yes , not so sure they would just wreck his Home for the sake of it though .
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 06:26 PM

If that was my property those squatters would have nothing to squat with.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

15-02-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->

You have to obey and comply with the Law of the Country you are in ............ Our Law states ( rightly or wrongly ) that these Squatters have rights .
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Maybe, maybe not Topaz. Time will tell.
dragon
florida, usa

15-02-2011, 07:43 PM

I simply was referring to laws in my own country.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 11:05 PM

here in the States the cops would have had their butts on the street before they could blink!
I simply was referring to laws in my own country.
Dragon, You are right, and what a classic example of the difference in applying justice in America and UK. Squatting in someone elses home is just theft pure and simple, when will the UK members of parliament do something about this, what 'rights' can people have who invade your property.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top