Join for free
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 06:22 PM

How far would you go...

For a friend?
Not talking about casual friends here but good friends!
Would you get in harms way?
Bend over backwards?
Or any of a hundred things I could mention...
Just how far would you go?
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

15-02-2011, 06:48 PM

Re: How far would you go...

Of the two options you mention I would like to think I would do both for almost anyone , not just friends .

EG , pushing a child ( or anyone ) out of the way of a speeding Car / Bus etc would for me be instinctive , and I try to bend over backwards to help almost anyone who needs it , dont you ?
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:38 PM

I could have listed a 1000 options but just listed 2 to save reading time.
I too would help total strangers & have many times-used to be with Amer. Red Cross-but still do it today. Bend over backwards etc.
I was just referring to your FRIENDS-those you know.
Just how far would you go for a friend?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 09:06 PM

Most of the friends I have now are casual pub-buddies, and I have gone out of my way to help them when they needed it.
However, I did have a best friend from school days, this 'Best Friend' did the dirty on me big time and I haven't spoken to him in 20 years. This is not my usual form, I am very forgiving in my nature, but this was unforgivable in any Mans book. Enough said.
dragon
florida, usa

15-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Love to help my friends for that is what friends do, even if I haven't met them face to face. But I do set a limit-$0-$100 fine-beyond that -see the bank.
Lost too many friends over money issues. Stop a bullet for them?-yes. Loan them a lot of money? No!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
However, I did have a best friend from school days, this 'Best Friend' did the dirty on me big time and I haven't spoken to him in 20 years. This is not my usual form, I am very forgiving in my nature, but this was unforgivable in any Mans book. Enough said.
Sadly this story is all too familiar, to me at least

Dragon, you ask how far one would go for a friend? well that's easy for me since I don't have any friends

In real life I have 'aquintances' (Sp?) and in the cyber world I've clicked a few 'friends request' (Only a select few mind you) but the definition of 'friends' in cyberspace seems totally different to that in real life.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 08:06 AM

One friend of ours is the best anyone could wish for and there is nothing I would not do for him and vice versa.

He is my best friend from about 5 year old and was my best man and is god father to our son.

I would help out all our friends in anyway that I could but for Fred, anything, he is like a brother that I never had.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top