Join for free
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 06:25 PM

Control freaks!

Ever known a person who likes to control other people?
Not talkin' political folks here but just people or friends that you have known.
What did you do about their control issues towards you?
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

15-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Re: Control freaks!

HHmmm.......... Perhaps I have far too strong a character and personality for anyone to even try to control me , but i do have friends who think and somertimes see things differently from me ..... .I embrace this and see it as an opportunity to see things from a different perspective
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:38 PM

Maye be your just mis-understanding them. Are they saying you will do this or that. If so just say No.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 07:42 PM

I was referring to folks that get upset if you are friends with other folks they don't like, or, they try to control your every day life etc.
I am NOT a person that can be controled but simply wished to know if you folks knew of any of these sorts of people & how did you handle them.
Simple!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2011, 08:05 PM

I know the type of person you mean Dragon. I'm a bit like Topaz and I'm very strong willed, maybe I've just been lucky so far, but no one has ever tried to dominate me in that way, they could always try, but I doubt if they would succeed.
dragon
florida, usa

15-02-2011, 08:13 PM

Finally! Someone understood what I was trying to say. Thought I had a bad case of the stutters there for a minute.
When I was young had several folks control my life till I didn't know who or even what I was. That changed when I had gotten pushed too far & I snapped. Over the years I run across folks like this and just wondered how other folks deal with that issue.
Needless to say, the way I dealt with it at the time wasn't pretty. Now I just steer clear of them.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 11:22 AM

Lots, there are some wannabes on these board but I have a mind of my own so therefore I can not be controlled.(apart from 'She who must be obeyed ' of course )
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 12:21 PM

Nowadays Dragon I tend to listen and then say my piece (usually in a long-winded, sometimes sarcastic fashion). Having done that I then turn off.
It has taken a good few years for me to get to this place, but now I am confident enough in my own skin not to be dominated (unless I choose to be) I just let them get on with trying - They in their turn eventually get fed up of trying and move on to somebody else. Age has its compensations.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by dragon ->
Ever known a person who likes to control other people?
Not talkin' political folks here but just people or friends that you have known.
What did you do about their control issues towards you?
"Screw You" works for me!
telmar
yorkshire uk
telmar is female  telmar has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2011, 04:33 PM

I am definitely 'uncontrollable'. Cannot stand to be pushed or shoved around I know a few control freaks - can stand so much and then just let them have it with both barrels I also cannot stand anyone putting on somebody else and always have to stick up for them. I can be very stubborn and strong willed. Someone once said I was a marvellous friend but a terrible enemy!!!
Maggiexx

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top