Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 01:20 AM

May not be around much for a while

Hi Guys,

I may not be around for a while as Rocky has been diagnosed with cancer and all my free time is taken up with preparing his new diet, researching options, and spending time with him. I just wanted to post a quick note in case you wondered where I was.

Mags and Meg, who are both Global Mods on Catsey and Dogsey respectively, have kindly stepped in to help moderate the forums - so you don't have to worry about spammers and what not. If you run into any probs, just use the forum support section for help, or the report post icon if you want to report a post. I'll still pop on when I can, but mainly to check the mod forum in case the mods need my help with anything - so please forgive me for not posting in your threads.

If you want to help out, please take a few moments to post in other people's threads - everyone like's comments so if you see a thread without any or just a few, add yours... I'm sure the thread starter will appreciate it

If you'd like to follow Rocky's progress, please see this thread on Dogsey as that's where I'll be posting updates.

Thanks for your understanding, and I'm sorry that I'll be letting you down a bit. If it's any consolation I'll be posting the same message on the other sites I admin too.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 02:43 AM

Re: May not be around much for a while

Oh Azz, I am so so sorry .......
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 03:39 AM

Hugs Rocky and Azz.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Azz, I am so sorry to hear your bad news.

I know what you must be going through, we once lost our dog Mickey with cancer and it tears your heart out.

God bless you both.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 08:50 AM

Hey Azz, no problem, at least you have got priorities right. Best wishes to yourself and big ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) for Rocky.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 11:04 AM

You won''t be letting us down Azz. I am sure everything will be fine on here for as long as you need to be away. I read your post on Dogsey yesterday and I am so sorry that the news was not better for Rocky. I think you have made the best decision for him. It is what I would do in the circumstances. I have had dogs for most of my life and it is always hard when our dogs are reaching the end of their lives. I am sure you know that Rocky will be secure and safe with you now, rather than having to undergo painful treatment away from home. Quality of life is more important than quantity now. Best wishes. Rena.
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 11:46 AM

So sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you both
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 01:13 PM

Azz, I was distraught when I heard Rocky's diagnosis, he is such a gentle giant and certainly doesn't deserve this

Spending your time with him is more important at the moment. I think you made the right decision to allow him to progress without surgery, he is a happy boy at the moment and knows no different.

Good luck with Rocky's new diet and the research ..... if there is an answer to be found, I know you will find it.

Big ((((((hugs)))))) to both you and Rocky xxx
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2011, 02:04 PM

Azz, I read your posts on Dogsey yesterday and am with you all the way in your decision. I went through very much the same with Murphy (GSD), also a very big gentle giant (with epilepsy) like Rockey and made the same decision for him.
You are not letting us down, I would much rather you spent time with Rocky and remember 'he doesn't know what you know'.
Bigs hugs to the both of you xx
Mary
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Oh i`m so very sorry to read this Azz

Just love your wee man to bits and spend as much time as you can with him x x x x

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top