Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:02 AM

Kindle Fire HDX

I was lucky to have had one of these for Christmas.
Took a while to find my way round but finding it fantastic. I'm amazed at the predictive text, it just KNOWS what you're going to say. !!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:05 AM

Re: Kindle Fire HDX

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I was lucky to have had one of these for Christmas.
Took a while to find my way round but finding it fantastic. I'm amazed at the predictive text, it just KNOWS what you're going to say. !!!
Then it obviously wasn't invented by a man Joy....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 09:13 AM

shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 11:25 AM

I got a Tablet for Christmas as well, it is so much easier to use than my phone as I can as least see what I have typed when sending text and looking at face book.

Will down load books to it hopefully over the weekend when I get a bit of free time.

Im with you Cheshire Cat they are brilliant once you have down loaded the apps that you want and use the most.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2013, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Then it obviously wasn't invented by a man Joy....

You were quick off the mark there Barry. Grrrrrrr!!

I think my mobile will be redundant for now for certain things Shirley. Its a shame the tablet doesn't make phone calls too!!
welshlion
Vale of Glam,Wales,U.K.
welshlion is male  welshlion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2013, 09:38 PM

It may if you can add the Skype app to it....check the Amazon app store, it should be free.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

28-12-2013, 11:40 PM

That's an idea. All I need is more than one person to chat to!!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2013, 07:35 AM

The next big thing - phablets:

In the United States, people routinely mock extra-big smartphones that approach tablet-computer dimensions. Maybe it’s time to stop snickering. Demand for these odd-sized devices is growing so fast in Asia, Europe and Brazil that “phablets” worldwide in 2014 should outsell traditional smaller tablets, predicts Bob O’Donnell, the founder of Technalysis Research.

“I thought phablets were ridiculous at first,” O’Donnell concedes. “How could you hold one to your ear to make a call? But over time, they grow on you.” For 2014, he predicts that 175 million phablets will be sold worldwide, versus a more modest 165 million sales of smaller tablets (screens measuring 8 inches or less on the diagonal.)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2013, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
The next big thing - phablets:

In the United States, people routinely mock extra-big smartphones t
You are probably right - already I know a number of females using the Samsung Note because its larger 6"(?) screen makes using the internet much easier and they carry a hangbag so the size is not a problem.

I find my Samsung Galaxy SIII is about as big as I can get in my pocket. Perhaps men's shoulder bags will make a comeback.

It is interesting to observe how mobile phones started off the size of brick got smaller and smaller then more recently have started to expand again.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2013, 11:49 AM

But in those days Bruce the battery pack was carried in another hand! I remember a then neighbour, a bit of a Del boy, having one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top