Join for free
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:28 PM

Shuffle won't Shuffle !!!

Has anyone else got an IPod Shuffle? The idea is that it shuffles around the tracks.

I have about 6 albums on it now but all it keeps playing is the last one I put on there - Dire Straits, Brothers in Arms.
Much as I love it, I would like to hear my other albums too.

I have it on the correct setting for shuffling but all I hear is Dire Straits.

Is it me or have I got a faulty Shuffle ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:46 PM

Re: Shuffle won't Shuffle !!!

What's a shuffle ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:49 PM

If it's on the correct setting and you are sure all the music is there (can you hear them individually ? ) then yes it sounds faulty to me. You could try deleting it all and rerecording and see if that makes it work. Can't harm it certainly.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:51 PM

This is it Alan. I got it for listening to music whilst at the gym.

https://www.apple.com/uk/ipod-shuffle/
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2014, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If it's on the correct setting and you are sure all the music is there (can you hear them individually ? ) then yes it sounds faulty to me. You could try deleting it all and rerecording and see if that makes it work. Can't harm it certainly.

Yes, the setting is correct. I can ONLY hear Dire Straits, nothing else. The other albums ARE there but hiding at the moment, lol.

I will go into the ITunes store and see if there are any clues there.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
What's a shuffle ?
Had me puzzled at first, then reading between the lines (which I've become adept at doing recently ) seems that it's a 'function' on her gadget which plays recordings in a 'random' order (i.e. not from the first to last as the old records used to do) some CD players also have this facility, one of mine does have it but I've never used it, can't see the point really.

Anyway, definite fault in the box, now there's a surprise
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:56 PM

Shuffling is brilliant you get a surprise every few minutes
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 04:58 PM

I haven't got an ipod shuffle CC, but the same thing happened on my desktop computer, playing the same track over and over, I knocked off shuffle, went back to manual selection, played a few tunes then went back on to shuffle again and it played OK.
If you cant get it working again and you and your friends have duffle coats, put them on, then put on a record and you can all do 'The Duffle Shuffle' together, great fun.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2014, 05:19 PM

Jem

I've cracked it!!!! For some reason the previous albums had disappeared. Just been to my playlist and it says I only had Dire Straits on my Shuffle! I know they were there before I put that album on so for some reason must have cancelled the other one out.

Now can listen to Dwight Yoakham as well now!! He's got such a sexy voice. Mmmmmmmm!!

Yes Julie, shuffling IS brilliant.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top