Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 06:49 PM

Re: Photobucket

Photobucket is a pain, as soon as you get used to one format they go and change it again.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I find it's not quite so easy to show or embed photos in forum posts from OneDrive ..although it can be done.

Photobucket often seem to change how the site behaves. Almost as if they keep experimenting trying to find the best format/presentation.

Ah I see Mart, its many years since I posted a photo into a forum and when I did I did it from PB

Don't really know how it works on OneDrive.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2015, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Don't really know how it works on OneDrive.
This way works:

* Open the browser.
* Go to OneDrive and sign in.
* Go to the photo that is to be shown in a forum post.
* Move it to the 'Public' folder (may not be necessary but it's a good folder for keeping photos in that you want to post).
* Click on the photo to open it in the viewer.
* Click the option at the top of the viewer that says 'View Original'.
* Right-click on the photo that shows.
* Choose 'Copy image location' from the menu.

* Come to the forum.
* Right-click in the posting text entry box.
* Choose 'Paste' from the menu.
* A long link appears.
* Put some image tags around the link.

The whole link should look like this. Note the image tags added to each end of the link:

When posted, this is the result:

Easier to use Photobucket?
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 12:44 PM

Mart thank you for going to the trouble of telling me how to post from oneDrive and yes I agree PB is sooooo much easier.
But at some point I will give it a try from OneDrive just to see.
Marj
England

23-06-2015, 12:56 PM

Mmmmm tried and failed miserably
Back to the drawing board or better still use PB
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Mmmmm tried and failed miserably
Might be worth another try. What did you end up with when viewing what should have been the photo? Was it just the long link? If so, it may just have been the image tags that weren't quite right.

The image tag in front of the link should be done with square brackets like this [img] and the on at the end of the link the same but with an additional forward-slash in the position shown, like this [/img]. There should be no spaces anywhere.
Marj
England

23-06-2015, 07:09 PM

I think I know where I went wrong Mart it was the forward /

Well I thought that was the reason, ended up using a photo of my daughters cat from TinyPic given up on OneDrive

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top