Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Poppy53
Norfolk UK
Poppy53 is female  Poppy53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 01:49 PM

Solo weekend break

I am bored !!! All I do is work so fancy a weekend away somewhere in the UK. Only trouble is I will have to go on my own. I don't have friends as such and the people i do know all have families, work etc so who on here has gone on a solo break. Is there any companies who organises breaks for us singleton's. I would like to go on a walking, hiking holiday as I like to do things rather than sit about sun bathing.
I will look forward to all suggestions.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Re: Solo weekend break

I go to Spain on my own quite frequently but have friends there so I'm not alone, as such.

I love going out on my own and meeting people, it's part of the fun, rather than be stuck with people you may not like which is a risk on any organised trips.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 01:59 PM

Some companies do offer `singles only holidays` no single supplement-oh yea but you ain`t cheap. And a singles holiday does not mean lonely,looking for a partner. All we wish is to go away,not be ripped off and find someone to chat to as we tour the sights. I wish.
Poppy53
Norfolk UK
Poppy53 is female  Poppy53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 02:09 PM

Yeah, I don't want a expensive break. And not looking for a partner just people to hang out with who like me have similar iinterests and just fancy getting away from normal life and making friends.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 02:10 PM

Ive been away for a weekend by myself and have got more booked .
I like getting away and seeing new places .
When it came to meal times we all sat together at. 4 long tables , so we were not left to sit by our selves .
There was mostly couples but there was also singles too .
Poppy53
Norfolk UK

30-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Ive been away for a weekend by myself and have got more booked .
I like getting away and seeing new places .
When it came to meal times we all sat together at. 4 long tables , so we were not left to sit by our selves .
There was mostly couples but there was also singles too .
That sounds prefect. Did you book with a holiday firm.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 03:15 PM

Do you have a coach company that does door to door? I use them for a holiday once a year. At 62 I am usually the baby but who cares? I pick the trips at hotels with a gym and a swimming pool-up at six,then a little exercise before breakfast and then relax and be driven around. Then an evening meal to chat to folks,
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Poppy53 ->
That sounds prefect. Did you book with a holiday firm.
No Poppy it was with a local coach company, I also go on their day trips .
We stopped in a Holiday Inn and i was surprised to have a Double room to myself with out paying anything extra .

On the longer trips say 4 days onward they do tend to charge
Single Supplements
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 03:38 PM

Poppy you stipulated UK.... I've been solo to West Lulworth in Dorset several times now, it's ideal, gorgeous little village with several nice pubs and cafes where you can eat on your own without feeling self conscious. Lots of B&bs there to choose from. Lovely places to walk...Durdle Door, all along the cliffs, over the hills, St. Aldeim's Head...
Swanage is nearby and the little railway, Lulworth Castle, Corfe Castle...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 06:01 PM

I go away on coach trips on my own regularly .... I do get chatting to people but like to do my own thing so tend to go off on my own ... my worst nightmare when I'm away is trying to please other people and hanging about waiting for them.

I don't always go on the included excursions unless it's somewhere I want to go ... I spend time planning my own itinerary before I go to places I want to see either by bus using my buss pass or by train ... I love it

My next trip is 3 nights to Exmouth on 19th August ... and I was in Scotland. last week

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top