Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 07:48 PM

Re: Solo weekend break

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
I go away on coach trips on my own regularly .... I do get chatting to people but like to do my own thing so tend to go off on my own ... my worst nightmare when I'm away is trying to please other people and hanging about waiting for them.

I don't always go on the included excursions unless it's somewhere I want to go ... I spend time planning my own itinerary before I go to places I want to see either by bus using my buss pass or by train ... I love it

My next trip is 3 nights to Exmouth on 19th August ... and I was in Scotland. last week
A gal after my own heart! I do the same thing...coach holidays, day coach trips. Talk to people, or not talk to people. It all depends on who else is on the holiday. On one Shearings holiday I ended up eating alone every meal time because of the table I was shown. Most others, though, was shared so more fun.
Poppy53
Norfolk UK
Poppy53 is female  Poppy53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Do you have a coach company that does door to door? I use them for a holiday once a year. At 62 I am usually the baby but who cares? I pick the trips at hotels with a gym and a swimming pool-up at six,then a little exercise before breakfast and then relax and be driven around. Then an evening meal to chat to folks,
Sounds very relaxing.
Poppy53
Norfolk UK
Poppy53 is female  Poppy53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Poppy you stipulated UK.... I've been solo to West Lulworth in Dorset several times now, it's ideal, gorgeous little village with several nice pubs and cafes where you can eat on your own without feeling self conscious. Lots of B&bs there to choose from. Lovely places to walk...Durdle Door, all along the cliffs, over the hills, St. Aldeim's Head...
Swanage is nearby and the little railway, Lulworth Castle, Corfe Castle...
Sounds wonderful, I haven't been able to travel over the years so I am now looking forward in exploring some lovely places.
Poppy53
Norfolk UK

30-07-2016, 09:39 PM

I go away on coach trips on my own regularly .... I do get chatting to people but like to do my own thing so tend to go off on my own ... my worst nightmare when I'm away is trying to please other people and hanging about waiting for them.

I don't always go on the included excursions unless it's somewhere I want to go ... I spend time planning my own itinerary before I go to places I want to see either by bus using my buss pass or by train ... I love it

My next trip is 3 nights to Exmouth on 19th August ... and I was in Scotland. last week
Sounds great, I have been to Scotland and it is a great place, just love the scenery.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Poppy53 ->
Sounds great, I have been to Scotland and it is a great place, just love the scenery.
We have fantastic scenery throughout GB ... I've given up going abroad ... too many lovely places here that I've never visited

Loved Great Yarmouth and the Broads when I was there last year
Poppy53
Norfolk UK

30-07-2016, 09:49 PM

We have fantastic scenery throughout GB ... I've given up going abroad ... too many lovely places here that I've never visited

Loved Great Yarmouth and the Broads when I was there last year
My neck of the woods Gt Yarmouth went to Wells next to the sea a few months ago. That was when I had a partner, now trying to get brave and do the solo holidays. Like a lot of you I don't always want to be with other people, but sometimes it would be nice just to chat.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2016, 10:14 PM

The first time you go away on your own is a bit scary ... but I promise you that there is nothing to worry about especially on coach trips.

You will soon get chatting to people and you will be surprised how many people are travelling on their own ...
Poppy53
Norfolk UK

30-07-2016, 10:18 PM

The first time you go away on your own is a bit scary ... but I promise you that there is nothing to worry about especially on coach trips.

You will soon get chatting to people and you will be surprised how many people are travelling on their own ...
I am getting so excited now, can't wait to start travelling.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

30-07-2016, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Poppy53 ->
I am getting so excited now, can't wait to start travelling.
Go for it !!!! I've already had 6 weekend coach trips and 4 other holidays up to now this year ... I'm going on a weekend coach trip to Exmouth on 19th August ... a 2 night mystery trip on 2nd September and in October I've got a weekend in Windermere and another one in Whitby ... phew !!! ... all cheap I can assure you ... I only book when the prices have been reduced

I'm on the lookout for something else in September

Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime
Poppy53
Norfolk UK

30-07-2016, 11:51 PM

Go for it !!!! I've already had 6 weekend coach trips and 4 other holidays up to now this year ... I'm going on a weekend coach trip to Exmouth on 19th August ... a 2 night mystery trip on 2nd September and in October I've got a weekend in Windermere and another one in Whitby ... phew !!! ... all cheap I can assure you ... I only book when the prices have been reduced

I'm on the lookout for something else in September

Maybe we'll bump into each other sometime
That sounds brilliant, will certainty look into coach trips.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top