Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:18 AM

Re: Orange email to close.

You could copy and paste them into Microsoft Word Carol.
But you might have to re format them...
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
What browser do you use Carol

What does it say at the top of the page where you view your email..

I use IE.
At the top of the page it says inbox windows mail.

I never had a password with this ever since it was set up in 2002. It just opens straight into my inbox.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You could copy and paste them into Microsoft Word Carol.
But you might have to re format them...
That's an idea. Thank you OGF.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I use IE.
At the top of the page it says inbox windows mail.

I never had a password with this ever since it was set up in 2002. It just opens straight into my inbox.
Hi Carol if that case if you access your email using a program on your computer like Outlook Express , the email messages, address book and settings should already stored on your computer.
You will need to change your default email address in the OE settings once you have set up a new email account so that it will accept your new email ..

Google this...'Set the Default Email Account in Outlook Express' for lots of information like this....
Set the Default Email Account in Outlook Express
Select Tools | Accounts... from the menu.
In Windows Mail and Outlook Express, go to the Mail tab.
Highlight the desired account.
Click Set as Default.
Now click Close.
..and even diagrams on how to do it ..

This is what it looks like on my PC..

There are lots of good reviews for Gmail so I think I will move to them and they will be my default email address .

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture email.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	2761  
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

14-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Thank you so much Meg.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:39 AM

Thank you so much Meg.
Carol as you are already with Outlook Express 'Outlook.com' may be the best email option for you.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/

I signed up to Gmail and hate it so signed up to Outlook.com which looks clearer, less cluttered and more suited to my age goup.
It is number 2 in all the reviews
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 06:58 AM

I've got folders with literally dozens & dozens of emails in that I need to keep - problems I've had with different companies and all the correspondence etc
Then there are folders full of email receipts and another folder with dozens of emails from a distant friend.
In all I have about 10 folders full of stuff I want to keep.

Pity I can't just forward the entire folders to another email addy but I don't think that can be done. I shall have to forward the emails one by one and then create a new folder for them in my new addy.
OMG the work it involves. I reckon I shall have at least 200 emails to shift..

Then I have to let all my contacts know...

What a pain!!
It depends on several things whether you are using an email reader like Windows Live or Thunderbird AND whether you are using IMAP or POP to read your mail. If you are using POP they are already on your computer if you are using IMAP they are not.

I can't speak for Windows Live but there are addons for Thunderbird that allow you to download mail as a data base or as a series of plain text files - I use one called ImportExportTools to archive my seniors club incoming and out going emails as a series of individual text files.

The other thing you need to consider is your address book(s) if you are using a mail reader they are already on your computer but if not you need to download them from your ISP in a format that, say, you can upload to Gmail or Outlook or into a mail reader. You need to investigate this a little but it is usually easy to do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 10:22 AM

I'd like to download my address book in Virgin Media to my G-mail account. Unfortunately, it says I can't.

No explanation, just I can't!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd like to download my address book in Virgin Media to my G-mail account. Unfortunately, it says I can't.

No explanation, just I can't!
Can't download it even as a CSV file? Just curious.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Can't download it even as a CSV file? Just curious.
No.

I suppose one possible reason for that is that I have no idea what a CSV file is!

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top