Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 04:58 AM

Re: Orange email to close.

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No

I am assured by someone in the know that Gmail is unlikely to do such a thing at it belongs to Google, the worst thing is it could charge for storage or be hacked .

Hang on Google has a reputation for just closing or changing facilities they don't make a profit out of so I would question whether your informant is "in the know".

Fairly recently they either closed or modified beyond recognition Google Buzz, Google Reader, Picasa and have discontinued dozens of other services over the years.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2017, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think I have 75 and that's 4% of my 15GB!

Perhaps some of them are very big ones?
Don't forget that 15Gb includes all your Google services including Photos, Blogger, Calendar, Keep, Google+ etc as well as email. Photos can take up a lot of room
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've had the same email addy for 14 years. I got it when Orange was Freeserve. I'm a bit shocked to get an email from Orange to say they were closing their email accounts and I had to get another.

What kind of a server doesn't provide an email service?

I do have a Hotmail addy that I use for ebay but it's not a patch on my Orange one.

I'm not happy about having to change.

Has this happened to anybody else?
Carol I got a letter in the post today from Orange about the closure, did you get one too.

How are you doing, I am all set up with Gmail
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Carol I got a letter in the post today from Orange about the closure, did you get one too.

How are you doing, I am all set up with Gmail
Very wise. I have had a Gmail address for a couple of years or so now, although I haven't been using it routinely until Virgin Media e-mail became unreliable.

I can honestly say that I have found Gmail completely reliable.

(Ooops! What have I said? You know what's going to happen now, don't you? )

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top