Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 07:40 AM

My red cross

The red cross at the top right hand corner of my monitor keeps popping out of sight.
I have to hover the mouse around the area for the cross to come down and allow me to close a page. It then pops out of sight again, along with the entire address bar.

I'd like to adjust the settings to make it stop doing that but I've no idea how.
Can somebody advise please?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 09:33 AM

Re: My red cross

Morning Carol

What you've done there is inadvertently hit your F11 key.

That temporarily hides the top browser command bars so that you get a full screen. It's useful sometimes.

Just press F11 again to restore it to normal.

Note that depending on your specific PC/laptop you may need to use the Function button (Fn) at the bottom of the keyboard at the same time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Morning Carol

What you've done there is inadvertently hit your F11 key.

That temporarily hides the top browser command bars so that you get a full screen. It's useful sometimes.

Just press F11 again to restore it to normal.

Note that depending on your specific PC/laptop you may need to use the Function button (Fn) at the bottom of the keyboard at the same time.
Yes. On mine, though, F11 is for 'full screen' viewing, for such things as watching a video. It removes everything at the top AND the bottom too.

I still get to keep the scroll bar, though, for some reason.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 03:25 PM

Thank you so much realist - The F11 key has solved my problem.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top