Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 08:57 PM

Vets?

Do you keep to one particular Vet, when and if the need should arise with your pets?

Or are you happy to see whichever Vet is available?

I will only see one particular Vet, who I trust with his knowledge, experience and skill. (Would only consider someone else if he was away and a situation could not wait)!

Rainbow x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Re: Vets?

Same here Rainbow. There are 2 Vets that I always try and see because they know Hatti inside out and upside down!!!! Sadly, they are both leaving within the next two weeks One is going to Australia and the other on Maternity leave...am going to miss them. Having worked at the Vets, there are others that know Hatti so one of them will have to take over!

In an emergency, I wouldn't care who I saw of course......
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Hi Merz, Isn't it a worry and frustrating when the very two that you trust the most are leaving!!

There used to be a second Vet, who I would be very happy to see, but sadly he moved up North. (I did tell him it was a long way to come if I needed his services)!!!

Hopefully you will find one of the others to take their place with your trust.

Rainbow x
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 10:09 PM

We always see the same vet too
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Hi Merz, Isn't it a worry and frustrating when the very two that you trust the most are leaving!!

There used to be a second Vet, who I would be very happy to see, but sadly he moved up North. (I did tell him it was a long way to come if I needed his services)!!!

Hopefully you will find one of the others to take their place with your trust.

Rainbow x
I know the other Vets very well except for the 2 replacement ones. One I have known for a long time and she said she would look after Hatti

Your second Vet hasn't moved up my way by any chance?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 11:19 PM

Having a cat, I probably don't visit the vet as often as dog owners. Usually Cassie's visits are just for booster jabs so I don't mind which vet we see.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2011, 11:32 PM

I used to see the same vet .... a small one man practice; he was great! But he retired, and the practice I go to when needed is larger: see whoever is available. And as it's an emergency visit, don't really care, just someone qualified!! My former vet and I do not believe in annual booster shots for indoor cats.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 01:26 AM

I have had the same vet for my dogs since he started up on his own about 25 years ago. I always see him if practical. He comes to the house when it is something serious. I first met him when he was looking for surplus hospital X-ray equiment where I worked. He invited me to see his new surgery and he was so proud of his set-up which he had started on a shoestring. We became friends and he is a thoroughly no nonsense, honest person who I trust completely with my dogs.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 01:31 AM

I see the same dog dr. vet for the dogs and the ferrets and an avian vet for Reg. I'd never take Reg to a non avian vet.
madmare
Essex UK
madmare is female  madmare has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2011, 08:18 PM

Yes I always see the same vet, although have seen the others if something can't wait and my vet is not in.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top