Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 08:19 PM

Re: I'd like your thoughts please.

Sorry Mups, didn't see your update. Ignorant staff are the bane of my life. There is absolutely nothing to stop you phoning the Practice Manager and asking what was the Doctor's response to giving you wrong meds? Don't let them fob you off with no response to your valid complaint. You have a right to know what the outcome was. In fact, it is the Practice Manager's duty to inform you of the outcome of your complaint.

As for the builder, My goodness, you have the patience of a saint! Be very careful when taking on a new builder. I know you are desperate to get your roof done on your extension, but it really pays to double check you are not taking on cowboy builders. Some of these rated places only require a yearly subscription from the firm to have them on their books. Please ensure you get references from them for work they have done locally, and if necessary. go speak to the householder before commencing. And please please be careful about paying them upfront before they complete the job. There are websites online with good advice when taking on builders etc. The do's and dont's of hiring builders to do a job.

Good luck with finding one though Mups. Hope it goes well. xx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Annette ->
Mups,

IŽd go for a second opinion to another doctor.

As far as the contractor is concerned: do you have some sort of a contract?
If so he should see to it the work is done. Not your problem if he signed a contract he must deliver, no matter how or by whom.

If there is no contract go find someone else.

Friendship is a good thing and is to be cherished, but if you have taken the preparations already the work has to be done.
If your friend cant do it, find someone else.

I dont suppose your friend would have done it for free, so he is to be treated as a normal contractor.

Hello Annette, thanks for your comments.

No, there is no written contract.
He came sometime back in late June I think it was, measured up, then sent me the quote for the job.
He said he was busy at the time, but offered me the date of August 19th.
I said that would be ok, and we both made a note of the start date.

It was a day or two before the start date and I hadn't heard a word more, didn't know what time to expect him or anything.
That is why I text him and asked what time he would be coming and he told me he wasn't!

If he had only told me, I wouldn't have been so annoyed, it was because he never let me know he wasn't coming that made me so mad, let alone that he'd also got a holiday booked as well. He just left me wondering whether he was back in hospital with his bad hands again, and it was no such thing.

He is returning home this coming weekend I am told, so I will see what he has to say for himself then.
If, after I have waited an extra month for him, he still won't commit to the job, he'll have to go.

I am just worried I won't get anyone else to do it before winter now. Everyone seems so unreliable.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Sorry Mups, didn't see your update. Ignorant staff are the bane of my life. There is absolutely nothing to stop you phoning the Practice Manager and asking what was the Doctor's response to giving you wrong meds? Don't let them fob you off with no response to your valid complaint. You have a right to know what the outcome was. In fact, it is the Practice Manager's duty to inform you of the outcome of your complaint.

As for the builder, My goodness, you have the patience of a saint! Be very careful when taking on a new builder. I know you are desperate to get your roof done on your extension, but it really pays to double check you are not taking on cowboy builders. Some of these rated places only require a yearly subscription from the firm to have them on their books. Please ensure you get references from them for work they have done locally, and if necessary. go speak to the householder before commencing. And please please be careful about paying them upfront before they complete the job. There are websites online with good advice when taking on builders etc. The do's and dont's of hiring builders to do a job.

Good luck with finding one though Mups. Hope it goes well. xx

Shroppy, you're a doll.
Thank you for caring.

The chap has promised to phone me Tuesday, so only 6 more days to wait.
If he doesn't phone, that will definitely be the end and I shall have to accept I am back to square one.

Likewise, if he doesn't give me a start date, I will also tell him not to bother.

I will not forgive a second time.

Regarding the GP, I have got to go back next week, so depending on what happens at the time, I will know whether to complain or let it go.
I just do not want to get kicked out of the practice as it is only this one doctor who is a prat!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

Regarding the GP, I have got to go back next week, so depending on what happens at the time, I will know whether to complain or let it go.
I just do not want to get kicked out of the practice as it is only this one doctor who is a prat!
I don't think they can kick you out. If it's run like the one we were at you can decide which of their GPs you see. And you can change which practice you want to be registered with.

But, in my opinion, you must not let let this serious error go unrecorded. How would you feel about not doing something you could do if it happened to another of his patients with even worse consequences?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-09-2019, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I don't think they can kick you out. If it's run like the one we were at you can decide which of their GPs you see. And you can change which practice you want to be registered with.

But, in my opinion, you must not let let this serious error go unrecorded. How would you feel about not doing something you could do if it happened to another of his patients with even worse consequences?

Besoeker, thanks for your comment, and when I go next week I will endeavour to find out it the error was recorded.

Thing is, whether it is recorded or not, is still no guarantee it never happen to anyone else, is it.
For all we know, it might well have happened before as well, but I am hardly likely to have access to that info.

Regarding registering with a practice of your choice, I surprised you can still do this.
We used to be able to do that once, but the situation is so dire now, with many more patients than most surgeries can cope with, they stopped taking on new patients long ago here.
I believe the only way they have to take you now, is if you have newly moved to the area and have to register with a doctor. No longer can we just swap and change.
If we are registered with a practice, we're stuck with it now.

The pharmacist told me the trouble is, doctors are leaving the NHS in droves, and are not being replaced, and this is why they remaining ones are not coping.

P.S.

I have just read that a practice cannot throw a patient out because they have made a complaint. So that's interesting and I will certainly bear that in mind.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Only last thing then, would be perhaps to look on that 'Rated People' website. Anyone any experience of using this?
Mups I have had a bad experience with this site. I left a negative review on trustpilot because I see it all as a scam. Basically the reviews you see are generally all great. That's because once you use a trader you cannot give them a bad review. If you are not happy with their work you are invited to contact them to voice your concerns. So you cannot just leave a bad review and most people aren't going to contact the trader to say they are not happy. All these site are the same. I go through yellow pages now as I've had the most reliable workmen from there. It's very difficult to find trustworthy reviews online.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:44 PM

Besoeker, thanks for your comment, and when I go next week I will endeavour to find out it the error was recorded.

Thing is, whether it is recorded or not, is still no guarantee it never happen to anyone else, is it.
For all we know, it might well have happened before as well, but I am hardly likely to have access to that info.

Regarding registering with a practice of your choice, I surprised you can still do this.
We used to be able to do that once, but the situation is so dire now, with many more patients than most surgeries can cope with, they stopped taking on new patients long ago here.
I believe the only way they have to take you now, is if you have newly moved to the area and have to register with a doctor. No longer can we just swap and change.
If we are registered with a practice, we're stuck with it now.

The pharmacist told me the trouble is, doctors are leaving the NHS in droves, and are not being replaced, and this is why they remaining ones are not coping.

P.S.

I have just read that a practice cannot throw a patient out because they have made a complaint. So that's interesting and I will certainly bear that in mind.
You could also give your practice a bad review on the NHS Choices site and on google reviews. But forget contacting your practice to complain again. If you have done this before get in touch with the Care Quality commission. They inspect all health services for safety etc.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2019, 10:54 PM

Agreed. No guarantees that has not happened before and will never happen again.

But, by you taking one step in making a written record of it, reduces the probability of a recurrence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-09-2019, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Agreed. No guarantees that has not happened before and will never happen again.

But, by you taking one step in making a written record of it, reduces the probability of a recurrence.

How? ..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2019, 08:45 AM

Mups, Age Concern or Help The Aged can recommend local trades people.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top