Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 02:19 PM

Rise of the Machines

You know when you put a bit of bread in a toaster, or perhaps some soup in the microwave, but you can't be bothered to wait for it to complete the (time) cycle that you actually decided to set?

So, you end it early.

Do you, like me, feel a bit ill at ease at doing so? Not because it won't be cooked or fully heated, nor because you think the machine will have been damaged.

But because...it just doesn't feel like the right thing to do!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 02:50 PM

Re: Rise of the Machines

I wait for the time to end and do exercises while I wait like standing on one leg (good for balance) running on the spot, or 'push aways ' against the work surface
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 03:10 PM

I go the full time before I even think of opening the door.

I would like to know who Meg is pushing away against the work surface?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I go the full time before I even think of opening the door.
Interesting euphemism

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I would like to know who Meg is pushing away against the work surface?
Perhaps she's bought one of those "special" dolls from Japan, which requires full cycle for maximum effect
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 03:49 PM

I always turn off the toaster before it ends as 9 times out of 10 it's cremated the toast or teacake. I never can get the setting right. Think my toaster could be at fault. Time to buy a new one perhaps, but then I still wouldn't trust the setting.

I do trust the microwave though, that always is left to full time, but I can see what's cooking in that anyway.

Someone should invent a toaster with see through panels in it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 04:32 PM

Hi

Always have timers and use them.

Most of the house is now automated.

Lights come on when I walk in a room, voice control, two way audio with the video doorbells etc etc.

It makes life much easier when I have a bad day.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:00 PM

At the lowest heat setting on my microwave is called re-heat and it does so for a full 2 1/2 minutes. That reheats my coffee waaaay too hot. So, I open the door after one minute.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
At the lowest heat setting on my microwave is called re-heat and it does so for a full 2 1/2 minutes. That reheats my coffee waaaay too hot. So, I open the door after one minute.
I do mine for 1 minute.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 07:09 PM

I once put instant coffee in a microwave......nearly went back in time....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2020, 07:35 PM

LOL, remember my very first microwave. Everyone had been telling me how quickly jacket potatoes cooked in one, so as soon as I plugged it in for the first time, in went two large potatoes. Of course, eejit that I am, I had forgotten to prick the potatoes first and a little while later there was one mighty explosion as the potatoes exploded. Result, one ruined microwave.
I quickly learned to read instructions regarding cooking food in microwaves after that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top