Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 09:38 PM

Re: Saturday Dinner.

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Wow, you've even got a knife and fork, now that is posh...
Just for show really Barry.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Chicken Tikka Masala for us tonight.
With rice Percy or chips?......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
But does it count as a substantial meal?
The Cornish miners thought so Fruitcake.....And with the mash and extra veg, I'm sure it would be food for the Gods....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
OGF,

We also have our main dinner at lunch time.
We had the Ginsters Cornish Pasty yesterday for dinner, they are lovely and peppery.
I used to carry one in the van when I was a courier Susie, but that was 15 years ago. I had forgot how good they were until the other Saturday when they were on special offer at our Tesco.........Now I'm hooked, and it's getting to be a regular Saturday Dinner. I agree, they have loads of flavour....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We went to Tesco this morning, bought one of these on impulse, had it for lunch, after 30 mins in the oven. It was better than expected, with lots of ketchup. Nothing more, no veg, except we always have lots of fruit at lunchtime: banana, pear, satsuma & Kefir
I'm not a big pie enthusiast really d00d, I don't like the flaky pastry on those pies although I can tolerate the Ginsters pastry. Apart from an apple every day, I very rarely eat fruit but I love vegetables, so most of my meals are packed to the gunnels with them......I eat fish through the week, or ears on a Thursday.....Not much meat except at weekends..

Ears......(Past parcels filled with spinach & ricotta etc or ravioli, that look like ears)...Reat tasty....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That bought pie is a definite no no from me.it spoils the look of the plate.plus the Ginsters pasty’s I have had yrs back, were more pastry, and a tiny amount of meat, that’s if you can call it meat.potato etc.
Chock full of goodness pauline, and provides enough energy to get round my Sunday morning eight mile run.....

I agree there are better Cornish Pasties, when I worked down at Torpoint (Plymouth) for six months, the lads used to send the works van to Liskeard and return with the most scrumptious Cornish Pasties I've ever tasted. Unfortunately it's too far to go each Saturday for my dinner.... So I'm stuck with Ginsters...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I used to sometimes buy a Ginster for lunch when I worked from home & Ms d00d was out working. But I'd get the chicken & mushroom.

Foxy, you should try one of those half kilo beef & ale jobs for £3.
Yeah, I love the chicken and mushroom ones as well d00d....Spuds and veg on the side Yum Yum!....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I agree with you Foxy. Dinner is eaten at dinner time, not in the evening, that's tea time. I used to know all these things until Mrs LD knocked it out of me with her posh ways..... I mean, what is tiffin FFS?
Good man Longdogs, are you sure you're not from Yorkshire?....

Sorry though.... Haven't a clue what 'Tiffin' is....
Was it a choccy bar in the sixties?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2020, 10:11 PM

Today dinner.
My wife cooks.
We had chicken with a soy sauce in the crock pot. Very thin sliced potatoes in the mandolin with a cheese sauce and garlic herbs. And mange tout. I don't know what is all in that - I'm just the engineer and the means of devouring.....

Then a sponge cake. A large sponge cake. We share that with a few neighbours. They reciprocate with us with other deserts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

12-12-2020, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Dinner for me is in the evenings, tea is earlier & lunch is lunch at 12.30 midday. I have the main meal at around 5.30 p.m.
I always thought lunch was something I took to work in my snaptin.....(or lunchbox if your posh)....

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top