Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 04:44 AM

Power and The Spiderman Principle.

Most people think they know what the word power means. Apart from the word for various kinds of energy - electricity, gas, steam, coal, nukes etc, what does the word mean to you?...in the context of human interaction. Do you subscribe to the Spiderman Principle.."With great power comes great responsibility".?..Like do you feel that power is something that should be used wisely, in a balanced way and for the common good? That it should never be abused?..Or do you think it is just a measurement and nothing else. Do you think it is something that the one who has the most of it..For example the guy with the most lawyers, guns and money - should be able to use as they please and to hell with everyone else. Answer honestly if you do at all. I'm not looking for an argument. It is pure mischief on my part. Absolute schadenfreud. I want to see you argue.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 05:07 AM

Re: Power and The Spiderman Principle.

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
I'm not looking for an argument. I want to see you argue.

So....erm..... this, to me, answers your question!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 05:23 AM

I've got another quote :"The Devil finds work for idle hands"

I didn't realize the with great power thing was from Spiderman,I always thought it was the Bible.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 06:53 AM

Ok pixie knuckles you have lost me. Sorry but dunno what you mean. The question is for everybody. I made no reference to the bible but others may of course. The quote is from Spiderman.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:05 AM

Most people think they know what the word power means. Apart from the word for various kinds of energy - electricity, gas, steam, coal, nukes etc, what does the word mean to you?...in the context of human interaction. Do you subscribe to the Spiderman Principle.."With great power comes great responsibility".?..Like do you feel that power is something that should be used wisely, in a balanced way and for the common good? That it should never be abused?..Or do you think it is just a measurement and nothing else. Do you think it is something that the one who has the most of it..For example the guy with the most lawyers, guns and money - should be able to use as they please and to hell with everyone else. Answer honestly if you do at all. I'm not looking for an argument. It is pure mischief on my part. Absolute schadenfreud. I want to see you argue.

Human power ,( authority),comes with great responsibility, use it wisely...unfortunately many don’t....they abuse it!!

Why do some people want to be in power?
Do you think knowledge is power?

Money has power , why?...what draws people to overload with money?

What drives them to it?....I’m talking millions,billions?

What can money buy you?.......

Just curious what others think, I’m just concentrating on money. plus humans.

We all have a certain amount of power, used in the wrong way, there will be consequences.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:12 AM

Don't think there are Powerful People per se, when there is a group of inert people, some folks recognise the gap in the market and capitalise, spose it could be called power but that's the way it seems to work.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:25 AM

I have the power to shoplift.
I have the power to deal in drugs...

Obviously none of what I will do.

So, everyone has power.

I guess it depends on your definition of “ power”
There can be great power in words.
Electricity is a power source.

Power can cause destruction......

Sorry I keep mumbling here, getting my thoughts down.

There is power in being silent.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 08:43 AM

Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2021, 09:12 AM

Ok pixie knuckles you have lost me. Sorry but dunno what you mean. .
It was very early in the morning, Keezoy, and I had this thing of gladiatorial combat in mind. Just sitting watching us all debate this power struggle while you sit aside and watch. Never mind, I'm lost now, haha!
keezoy
Australia

19-03-2021, 09:36 AM

No never mind PK. You basically got it right. I'm the fat bastard in the toga and the crown of leaves watching the carnage. At the end it will be thumbs up or thumbs down. The final winner gets to live!..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top