Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 11:12 AM

Re: What do you feel lucky about?

I feel lucky to live in a part of the world that is generally peaceful and prosperous. We live neither with the constant danger of war, nor the constant threat of natural disasters such as earthquakes.

I feel lucky that our marriage has withstood the test of time - lots of rocky moments, but we're still here and still together.

I feel lucky to have had two perfect pregnancies, no miscarriages, and now have two wonderful grown up children who have been content to build their lives nearby, so that even throughout this awful pandemic, we have been able to see them and their families (albeit from a distance).

I feel lucky to wake up each morning to enjoy another day. Many do not.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
16 years ago I moved into a new life on my own it was extremely hard as I'd never lived alone and had no family to turn to . I was very lonely and at many times completely lost in life and money was tight , I worked at 3 jobs for years to pay my bills It felt endless .

Time moved on and I became used to my own company and the loneliness and lost feelings slowly disappeared and 16 years on I can honestly say I'm lucky as I am happy alone and enjoy my own company , life is kinder and I am no longer afraid . I know I am ok .

My worst nightmare became my greatest gift
Now that is inspiring.......well done.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 11:57 AM

That I'm not dead. I've had some close calls.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 03:54 PM

My list looks akin to others here - good fortune in being born to my parents who afforded my siblings and me a carefree, peaceful, protected childhood that included education and opportunities to explore our talents and interest. I am fortunate to have had parents that instilled in us a foundation of humor, a love of learning, compassion, curiosity about the world, awe and respect for the natural world, and the confidence to explore and follow our own paths.

I am fortunate to have a healthy body and mind.

I am fortunate to have been able to choose my own career and husband, and to make a life without obstruction.

I am fortunate to have the excellent medical insurance, educational training, and a good enough mind to navigate the hurdles of adopting our children and helping my daughter through a medical storm that would have left her dead otherwise.

I am fortunate to have the stamina and determination to weather and appreciate challenges and the learn.

U am fortunate to have adopted two extraordinary (of course ) children.

I am extraordinarily fortunate that my life has been forever enriched by the dogs who fill my heart and home and the ability to care for them and give them the best life possible.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:06 PM

Not dying... not that I believe in luck. I've come close 4 or 5 times in my life up to now and managed to survive, so not doing too bad up to now.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 06:13 PM

Yes, I echo the sentiment of being lucky to be alive. And being able to make choices in my life.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:21 PM

I feel lucky to have survived after that terrifying experience when I was rushed into hospital and Sue was told I may not come out. So every day now is a lucky one for me
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:24 PM

I'm lucky to have my dad, he's 88 in June
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 08:31 PM

t'wife
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
t'wife
Aww, I like that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top