Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 07:06 PM

Re: How do I post photos

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
All my iPhone or android photos are uploaded straight to Google Photos and I can't post from there. Even using something like postimages.org seems beyond a phone.
Ffosse, it doesn't matter where on the internet your photos are stored. If they are in Google Photos then just RIGHT CLICK on one of the photos and copy its URL as per my post above. Then you can insert the image into any post you make here using the Insert Image icon and pasting the URL in the box.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:19 PM

How do you right click on a phone?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I had a quick look because I use Photos too but I don't use my phone to access this forum.

Google Photos on your android phone will give you a 'link' but that is useless in this forum - you need the URL. So you need to log in to Google photos using the internet browser rather than the Photos app.

However as far as I can google you cannot even use the built in internet browser you need to load a third party one like Firefox, Safari or Chrome because that is the only way you can get the URL of a photo in Google Photos. I am not convinced that is true but as I haven't tried it I cannot say..
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You don't Tess. Read my post again.

You first upload your photos to the internet somewhere, anywhere is doesn't matter. It can be Google Photos or some image hosting site or it can be this forum in your personal albums.

THEN and only then do you bring up the photo (the INTERNET version) and RIGHT CLICK to get to the property settings.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 01:40 PM

I have just been reading through.
I am able to transfer to my laptop.
No problems with that.
I am able to transfer my pics on this phone to Postimage. I can get the code.
But no idea how to paste that code on my phone.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2018, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am able to transfer to my laptop. No problems with that.
Right. So let's start from there.

Your photos are on your laptop in a folder somewhere. I presume you know which folder?!!

So . . . .

Go into your personal Profile page on this forum (Over 50s forum)

Go into your ALBUMS

Click the UPLOAD Button

When the window pops up, navigate to the folder where your photos are. Select a photo and upload it. Repeat for all the photos you want to share.

This is just the first step. To get the photos uploaded to this site into your Albums.

Once you get that far we will deal with the rest
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Right. So let's start from there.

Your photos are on your laptop in a folder somewhere. I presume you know which folder?!!

So . . . .

Go into your personal Profile page on this forum (Over 50s forum)

Go into your ALBUMS

Click the UPLOAD Button

When the window pops up, navigate to the folder where your photos are. Select a photo and upload it. Repeat for all the photos you want to share.

This is just the first step. To get the photos uploaded to this site into your Albums.

Once you get that far we will deal with the rest
Sorry, let me explain. I do have photos on my laptop. I have downloaded from my camera.
I cannot for the life of me download the photos from my phone to my laptop. Sorry, I am stupid.
Like I said earlier, I can use postimage on my phone and I get the code. I just don't know how to paste that code in the letterbox thing.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 01:00 PM

Sorry, let me explain. I do have photos on my laptop. I have downloaded from my camera.
I cannot for the life of me download the photos from my phone to my laptop. Sorry, I am stupid.
Like I said earlier, I can use postimage on my phone and I get the code. I just don't know how to paste that code in the letterbox thing.
So you can copy the code from postimage?

Tap the mountains in the box icon above the reply box (like you would click on a lappy). When the place where you need to put the code appears tap and HOLD.....then options should appear including paste......
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2018, 01:13 PM

I cannot for the life of me download the photos from my phone to my laptop..
If you can't transfer pics from your phone to your lappy using a cable then email them to yourself and pick them up on the lappy.

Or, use a chat box on Faceache, or even post them to Faceache, save to your lappy then delete from Faceache.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

16-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
If you can't transfer pics from your phone to your lappy using a cable then email them to yourself and pick them up on the lappy.

Or, use a chat box on Faceache, or even post them to Faceache, save to your lappy then delete from Faceache.
I don't belong to Fakebook. But yes email I suppose, good thinking batman.
Thank-you

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top