Join for free
Page 944 of 1676 « First < 444 844 894 934 942 943 944 945 946 954 994 1044 1444 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:17 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
erhmm erhmm - how can I put this politely?? - a slight overuse of the word Poetry perhaps RJ but overall well done me lad well done - sweetie pie will hand out the blue pills soon!
I must have typed that post in my sleep
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 11:29 AM

Good Morning everyone
Goodness, I missed quite a bit!!!!
Jem with his blackout.
Gummy looking for Pugsy with Robert. He works you know.

Now then Young Robert, you could have phoned and asked for a diabetic high tea.
Typing in your sleep, did the sheep not get in the way?
PS I can be your Southern Comfort, just don't tell Gummy or Pugsy
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:37 PM

Ba Gum, your in fine fettle and more than able to turn them grand verses out RJ, long may you reign.

I always thought Southern Comfort was a pair of fur lined ladies knickers.
Gummy, “Let the wax run lyrical” sounds a bit like a clinical procedure to me, like when I was having me ears done the nurse was singing sweetly into my ear as the wax flowed out, utterly disgusting!

Pug thank you for the kind words me lad.

They invent a thing called a spell checker and it’s now responsible for most of my mistakes because of predicted text, I type the start of a word then think of how the rest of it is spelt, while I take me eye off the word another one is substituted, now I have to go back over what I’ve written several times to correct the spell checkers sometimes funny mistakes, three times the work, if your not alert and it gets through the text predictions can really make a monkey out of you, I think it’s all part of a conspiracy to turn us all back into obedient apes, progress me arse, it’s backwards we’re going.
The old dictionaries were really useless too for how can one look up a word when one cannot spell that word? It’s like the banks, they will lend you money provided you can prove that you don’t need it.

Ah tis a grand August day today, nice bit of sun out, not too hot and a nice gentle breeze caresses my brow as I sit in the garden typing this crap.
Number 2 grandson will be here shortly to tell us his exam results, I said to him what I said to me own kids all those years ago, just do your best and hope for the best, you can do no more so don’t upset yourself by worrying about it, fail and you’ll be loved just the same as you are now.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:45 PM

you need a pint of guiness after all that Jem - haven't got the man flu have ya?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 12:51 PM

I most certainly do need a pint Gummy, I've built up a thirst that I wouldn't sell for a grand, but I have to wait for the grandson, when he's gone I'll be like a greyhound out of trap 6 at Romford.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanks, chums for your unconditional positive regard for moi.

I have been suffering from chronic insomnia, but recently I have developed PARASOMNIA.

That's a generic word concerning the way the brain knows when you are awake & when you are sleeping. BUT, when the brain frazzles you are left in a limbo & the body tries to act your dreams, legs thrashing, arms flailing, shouting and swearing. A bit like TOURETTES really.

HEY HO

this is what I wrote last night.

I have before me

a very blank sheet

The sword of Damocles

hovering o’er me

the pressure’s intense

So I’ll try to make sense

Of the puzzle concerning

The matter perturbing

The strange unlearning

Or the odd reversing

Of answer and question

I'll start the session.

Later..............

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-08-2018, 02:10 PM

My latest post is about the times when you have the answer to something but you have no idea what the question was.

I suppose the ultimate example of this is from the HITCHHIKERS GUIDE to the galaxy. The answer was 42.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-08-2018, 02:13 PM

Here's one written earlier
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

15-08-2018, 02:18 PM

EX WIKI

Southern Comfort was first produced by bartender Martin Wilkes Heron (1850–1920), the son of a boat-builder, in 1874 at McCauley's Tavern in the Lower Garden District, 2 miles north of the iconic French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana.[3] According to the New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau, McCauley's Tavern was "just off Bourbon Street", and the original form of the drink was called Cuffs and Buttons.[6]

Heron moved to Memphis, Tennessee, in 1889, patented his creation, and began selling it in sealed bottles with the slogan "None Genuine But Mine"[6] and "Two per customer. No Gentleman would ask for more." Southern Comfort won the gold medal at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, Missouri
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2018, 03:28 PM

erhmm robbie old mate - d'ya want us to respond to all of that??

Page 944 of 1676 « First < 444 844 894 934 942 943 944 945 946 954 994 1044 1444 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top