Join for free
Page 138 of 276 « First < 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 > Last »
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 02:35 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

It’s early days Ffosse, I think the chemo hangs around for quite a while but slowly you should start to feel a bit better. Your symptoms are very similar to mine, I find myself going back to bed two or three times in the day, I’m just so exhausted. I’m at the hospital or doctor’s every day this week, CT scan tomorrow, so will be glad when it’s over. Take care Ffosse, you’ll get there!
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

13-08-2018, 03:01 PM

I agree with what Val says. The chemo effects linger for much longer than you might expect. I think you just have to accept that and go with the flow for a while.
Hope the CT scan goes well for you Val, and same for Ffosse's PET scan.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 03:59 PM

Thoughts and prayers to you both.
Keep us all posted if you are feeling up to it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 05:19 PM

I woke up at 7. By noon I went back to bed and woke up at 4:30. I'm pretty much guaranteed to sleep tonight, too.

I wish this pattern would come to an end. Last week I felt that my energy was returning but this week I'm exhausted. I know it's the same for you, too, Val J.

It's not even as if I've had anything to do; I visited my doctors and the local Co-Op yesterday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 06:25 PM

I sure hope things improve for you both.
Feeling exhausted is not nice.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 09:06 AM

Feeling a little better today although I woke at 4:30. I must have slept too much yesterday, going back to bed a couple of times.

My mind is on my PET scan and what time I'll need to leave the house. It is around 6 miles away so I'm thinking I'll get a taxi some 45 minutes earlier. The place where it's at is not part of the hospital but a separate building so I'm not sure exactly where it is in relation to the hospital. I've downloaded a map but that's not much help as I'm completely unfamiliar with that hospital. Still, it's next Thursday; no point in getting bogged down with the details this early...the taxi driver will know where it is.

I'm a bit more cheerful despite the fact that I really need to do some ironing. Only a couple of shirts and 3 pairs of trousers. I'll set aside some time this morning for that.

I'm still in a lot of pain with my back, but only when I'm not lying down so I've been taking more of the painkillers as needed. It seems as though they make me drowsy but don't really take the pain away.

I'll survive, though, and am looking forward to the Autumn. I seem to prefer that time once the Summer and the Edinburgh Festival is done with. The kids went back to school last Tuesday and I can hear them as they flock to the shop below me at break times and lunch.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

17-08-2018, 10:41 AM

I missed you yesterday Dreamy.
I was worried, but understand that you are feeling very fatigued.
Try not to worry too much, that in itself is draining.

Our children do not return to school until next month, I didn't know that term times were different in Scotland.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

18-08-2018, 03:33 PM

I've had an OK day so far simply watching TV I've recorded.

Still got my back pain but am staying within the prescribed amount of painkillers even though I've got some extra.

I'm still a bit worried about what the PET scan might show but I've had no additional symptoms so should be OK.
orangutan2
Ireland
orangutan2 is female 

18-08-2018, 03:54 PM

Try not to worry about the PET scan. What will be will be, worry or not.

I've got an ultrasound scan on a suspect node on Monday, but quite certain it is not sinister in nature so quite laid back about it. Tuesday another infusion and another clinic appointment. Then nothing until September. Yay!

Having said that, my current problem is a tablet which seems to be pushing me down mentally. If it continues to do so I revisit the question of quality vs quantity of life and decide if I should stop taking it.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-08-2018, 02:01 PM

Thanks, worrying will do me no good.

I've got a lot more energy today - I was able to walk to the Co-Op and back easily and could have walked much farther. This must be one of my good days. I don't get out much since this illness started and I've stopped ordering from Tesco as I don't want any perishables to go off in my fridge if I'm suddenly taken to hospital.

But I've been feeling pretty good when I wake up - no more infections for now at least.

Page 138 of 276 « First < 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 238 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top