Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 08:40 PM

6 Week Breathing Course

Has anyone ever been on a course to help with their breathing ?I have agreed to go on a 6 week course 2x a week,but not sure if Ill go to it all,Theres a mix of stress &anxiety,COPD& the condition& sound like talks ,theyre all 2 hours 12.30 -2,30 & include thursdays which is my regular shopping day,but Ill give it a try & see how I go
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 09:49 PM

Re: 6 Week Breathing Course

Didn't know there was such a thing, Deylon. Well done you for giving it a try - do let us know how it goes!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:04 PM

Sounds interesting. Good for you for giving it a whirl.
I'm no expert but I gather these breathing techniques can be real helpful, say for asthmatics .. as it helps them gain some control over what can otherwise be a pretty frightening experience.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:10 PM

Don't need lessons I have been doing it since I was born
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Has anyone ever been on a course to help with their breathing ?I havehttp://www.over50sforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1472403 agreed to go on a 6 week course 2x a week,but not sure if Ill go to it all,Theres a mix of stress &anxiety,COPD& the condition& sound like talks ,theyre all 2 hours 12.30 -2,30 & include thursdays which is my regular shopping day,but Ill give it a try & see how I go

Deylon, you have said on here about your awful breathing problems, so if you are given a chance to learn something which might help, GO.

Give it a try at least. You might find it very interesting and helpful, and you will be with like-minded people who understand your problems.
You might even make some new friends too.

Give it a go. It's not so easy to get out in the winter, so go now, while you can.

Let us know how you get on - and good luck.
Frankie1944
Herts uk
Frankie1944 is female  Frankie1944 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:24 AM

Deylon I went on an 8week Pulmonary rehab course at the beginning of the year and found it very helpful in coping with my copd. They deal with all sorts of breathing problems, exercises according to ability, and various talks in coping with different problems. There we 12 of us on the course the oldest being 93 who came with her daughter.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2018, 09:30 AM

Yes during my Archery years we attended a breathing, course with the Uk Olympic team coach, very good as it makes you aware of bad habits we develop. Very relaxing one member fell asleep and was snoring away at the back of the hall.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:06 AM

Deylon darlin' - my community district nurses wanted me to go on a similar course, but when they found out the rest of my medical conditions, they wouldn't let me do it. I had a hospital lung function test a couple of weeks ago and failed that test miserably too. Am now being plugged into yet another CT scan to compare with one I had last year. Good 'ere innit???
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Anything that may help your COPD can only be a good thing, I hope you go Deylon it may improve your life dramatically. I.m only in early stages butwhen I struggle to breathe I will go to our local Breathe Easy unit. Let us know how you get on if you go, I really think it's a good idea you go
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2018, 09:01 PM

I dont start the course untill 8th August I will go,Ive got transport booked to get me there & back,I will book Transport for the next date on Monday,I have to book in advance & hope the bus company can offer me a slot,but they are very busy & popular so the date/time is not always available

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top