Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Being disturbed when picking up after your dog. (Slightly graphic content)

Now, is it just me, feeling a tad ungrateful here?

I often see a woman out walking my long road, at night, and we might walk along together, chatting. My dog, obviously, is used to her. However, this evening, while I was kinda busy cleaning up after Holly, this woman chose to walk past and say ‘hello Janet’, just as I’m bagging, and trying to sort out the dog, because she hadn’t at first fully expelled! So there was mess on the pavement as well as by the kerb, where she normally goes.

Usually, Holly will put herself into a fully relaxed down position when I’m cleaning up after her, and waits patiently till we’re all done. But as this woman stopped to say hello, Holly has excitably sprung to her feet, and pulled on the lead, making me quite flustered. I would rather she had waited until afterwards, or till another evening.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 12:11 AM

Re: Being disturbed when picking up after your dog. (Slightly graphic content)

Well I guess if it hadn't been that lady, you're bound to meet other dog owners from time to time when you're out. Can't be helped.
I expect Holly was just pleased to see her friend.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 07:12 AM

She may not have noticed,Jazzi,I get that sometimes,with a gentleman friend I meet in the field,Jack can be in the middle of his business,he then let's his dog off,I don't say anything,I just watch jack,and pick up behind him...but it is annoying...I don't think he even notices,that jack is in the middle of a poo.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:31 AM

It's certainly not something I have ever thought about. I suppose it's something you would only realise if you have a dog. I thought cats were complicated. If one of mine is in the middle of something, I dare not disturb then or they run off - not pretty.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 08:49 AM

No problem here, the sheep may come and have a look what I am doing but they don't have a lot to say

If I go down the lane inhabited by humans it is always dark and there is no one about to speak to me as I try to hold the torch and poo bag at the same time.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2018, 09:08 AM

She probably thought it would have been rude not to speak Jan but anyway, what happened to the art of multitasking that you ladies are always so proud of...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top