Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:18 PM

Poor Dogs

My poor dog dosnt know where to lay in this hot weather [ it is about 32/34 deg. here,] But what about all those poor animals in Spain/Portugal etc.45 deg,not to mention the willdlife ,how are they coping
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2018, 09:31 PM

Re: Poor Dogs

They sleep all day and bark all night !
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

05-08-2018, 09:56 PM

We rescued our current pooch when we were in Spain and she does seem to cope with the heat better than our other dogs.

I suppose they become acclimatised though it really is boiling there at the moment.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 12:03 PM

My garden backs onto the beach, the dogs have the benefit of the water and a cooling breeze usually, although this morning the breeze has gone walkabout. I don't know how we would cope living inland in this heat.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
My garden backs onto the beach, the dogs have the benefit of the water and a cooling breeze usually, although this morning the breeze has gone walkabout. I don't know how we would cope living inland in this heat.

Hi ya Boxer Boy.

They look very happy there.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi ya Boxer Boy.

They look very happy there.
Thanks Longdogs, all my Boxers have enjoyed the water, although I do not encourage them to swim anymore, since I had a very worrying incident many years ago,

My lovely big girl Charlie was swimming in shallow water when she caught sight of a number of sea gulls sitting on the water. So she swam towards them. As she got nearer they flew further out to sea and she followed. This was repeated a number of times, causing me great concern because she was not the best canine swimmer in the world.

She was usually very obedient when I called her, but not this time. Luckily a nearby lady offered to look after my other three whilst I ventured out to sea across loads of rocks with no shoes on, very painful, I eventually got too her with the sea lapping around my mouth and guided her back to the beach. She didn't seem too bothered but I certainly was.

So now I never encourage them to go into deep water, even though some can swim very well.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2018, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by BoxerBoy ->
Thanks Longdogs, all my Boxers have enjoyed the water, although I do not encourage them to swim anymore, since I had a very worrying incident many years ago,

My lovely big girl Charlie was swimming in shallow water when she caught sight of a number of sea gulls sitting on the water. So she swam towards them. As she got nearer they flew further out to sea and she followed. This was repeated a number of times, causing me great concern because she was not the best canine swimmer in the world.

She was usually very obedient when I called her, but not this time. Luckily a nearby lady offered to look after my other three whilst I ventured out to sea across loads of rocks with no shoes on, very painful, I eventually got too her with the sea lapping around my mouth and guided her back to the beach. She didn't seem too bothered but I certainly was.

So now I never encourage them to go into deep water, even though some can swim very well.
I bet that was very worrying at the time.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top